|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Halloway tell the boys about at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) His mother
(b) His marriage
(c) His life
(d) His father
2. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
3. What part of Will's body ages?
(a) His hair
(b) His left leg
(c) His hand
(d) His little finger
4. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
5. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
(a) Spits at him
(b) Laughs at him
(c) Slaps him
(d) Kicks him
6. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
(a) The church
(b) The river
(c) The grocer's shop
(d) The carnival
7. Who does Mr. Dark introduce as the bullet catcher?
(a) The Witch
(b) The Drawf
(c) Mr Coogar
8. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
(a) He is not coming home that night
(b) He is in big trouble
(c) He is moving to another town
(d) He is staying at Jim's house
9. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
(a) In the library doorway
(b) Into a garbage can
(c) Into the iron grille
(d) In the Mirror Maze
10. Whose house do Will and Jim go to in Jim's dream?
(a) Mr. Dark's
(b) Mr. Tetley's
(d) Miss Foley
11. Where does Will warn his father not to go?
(a) The carnival
(b) The library
(c) The police station
(d) Miss Foley's house
12. What is the weather in the morning?
13. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
(a) Soulless people
(b) Carnival people
(c) Sad people
(d) Evil people
14. What does Will try to do to stop the mirror images?
(a) Smashes the mirrors
(b) Lights a match
(c) Turns on his torch
(d) Closes his eyes
15. What do Will and his father use to climb into his bedroom?
(a) A rope
(b) A ladder
(c) The stairs
(d) The iron rungs
Short Answer Questions
1. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
2. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
3. Who is inside the balloon's basket?
4. How far do Will and Jim travel on the carousel together?
5. Who does Mr. Dark say he took for a ride on the carousel?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)