|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
(a) Answer the door
(c) Pretend to sleep
(d) Arm themselves
2. Who is inside the balloon's basket?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) Miss Foley
(c) Mr. Dark
(d) The Dust Witch
3. Who is at the door?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) Miss Foley
4. What does Will ask his father to say to him?
(a) I love you
(c) Go for it
(d) Good luck
5. Who does Mr. Dark introduce as the bullet catcher?
(b) The Drawf
(c) The Witch
(d) Mr Coogar
6. What part of Will's body ages?
(a) His hand
(b) His left leg
(c) His little finger
(d) His hair
7. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
(a) He is staying at Jim's house
(b) He is in big trouble
(c) He is moving to another town
(d) He is not coming home that night
8. What is the Dust Witch made of?
9. What wakes Jim up from the dead?
10. What is the weather in the morning?
11. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
(a) The Green Store
(b) Tetley's Teashop
(c) The United Cigar Store
(d) The barber shop
12. What makes Mr. Halloway laugh?
(a) The witch's smile
(b) The witch's warts
(c) The witch's holey tights
(d) The witch tickling him
13. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
14. What does the carnival look for?
(a) Happy people
(b) Religious people
(c) People in despair
(d) Evil people
15. What does Mr. Halloway say Dark and Coogar thrive on?
(c) Ill health
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway stop the witch?
2. What does Halloway tell the boys about at the end of Chapter 38?
3. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
4. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
5. Who does Mr. Dark want to turn Mr. Electrico back into?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)