|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
(a) Slaps him
(b) Kicks him
(c) Spits at him
(d) Laughs at him
3. What do Jim and Will see above them?
(a) A balloon
(b) A bat
(c) An eagle
(d) A helicopter
4. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
5. Where are Mrs. Nightshade and Mrs. Halloway walking back from?
(a) The grocer's shop
(b) The river
(c) The carnival
(d) The church
6. What does Halloway tell the boys about at the end of Chapter 38?
(a) His marriage
(b) His life
(c) His mother
(d) His father
7. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
(b) A step to hell
(c) A fun fair ride
(d) A festival
8. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
(a) His tent
(b) The Mirror Maze
(c) Under the carousel
(d) Miss Foley's basement
9. What disappears on the young boy's body?
(a) A birthmark
10. What does Will throw at the witch's balloon?
(a) A dart
(b) An arrow
(c) A stone
(d) A marble
11. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
(a) The saloon
(b) The carnival
(c) The library
12. What instrument does Mr. Halloway play?
13. Who is at the door?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Mr. Tetley
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) Miss Foley
14. What does Will notice Jim has removed from his house?
(a) The chimney
(b) The lightning rod
(c) The radio aerial
(d) The TV aerial
15. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
(a) Coogar and Dark's carnival
(b) The afterlife
(c) Evil spirits
(d) Carnival folklore
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
2. Who does Mr. Dark say will hold Will when he is a baby?
3. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
4. What does Jim ask if the carnival buys?
5. What does Will tell his father?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)