|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will throw at the witch's balloon?
(a) A stone
(b) A marble
(c) A dart
(d) An arrow
2. What makes Mr. Halloway laugh?
(a) The witch's smile
(b) The witch tickling him
(c) The witch's holey tights
(d) The witch's warts
3. Who does Mr. Dark say will hold Will when he is a baby?
(b) Miss Foley
(c) The Dwarf
(d) The Dust Witch
4. Where does the five-year-old boy drop his gum?
(a) Into the iron grille
(b) In the library doorway
(c) Into a garbage can
(d) In the Mirror Maze
5. What do Jim and Will see above them?
(a) A helicopter
(b) A balloon
(c) A bat
(d) An eagle
6. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
(a) An iron grille
(b) A bus shelter
(c) A bush
(d) A tree
7. Who does Mr. Dark say he took for a ride on the carousel?
(a) Mrs. Halloway
(b) Miss Foley
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) Mr. Fury
8. Who does Will phone in Chapter 33?
(b) Mr. Halloway
(c) Miss Foley
(d) Mr. Dark
9. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
(a) The Mirror Maze
(b) The carousel
(c) The carnival train
(d) The Big Wheel
10. What does Mr. Halloway tell the boys to do when they hear a knock at the door?
(a) Pretend to sleep
(c) Arm themselves
(d) Answer the door
11. What does Mr. Halloway say Dark and Coogar thrive on?
(b) Ill health
12. What does Mr. Halloway think is a weapon they can use against Mr. Dark?
13. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
(c) Funeral music
(d) The carousel
14. What part of Will's body ages?
(a) His hair
(b) His hand
(c) His left leg
(d) His little finger
15. What book does Mr. Halloway threaten Mr Dark with?
(a) The Bible
(b) The Martian Chronicles
(c) The Divine Comedy
(d) The Guiness Book of Records
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather in the morning?
2. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
3. What disappears on the young boy's body?
4. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
5. What does Mr. Halloway do when Will bursts into tears?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)