|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will react when Mr. Dark say his mother is now a shriveled old woman?
(a) He screams
(b) He kicks a table
(c) He sobs
(d) He laughs
2. Who alerts Mr. Dark to the fact that Will and Jim are under the iron grille?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) The Dwarf
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) The Dust Witch
3. Who comes to the library in Chapter 38?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) Dust Witch
(c) Will and Jim
(d) Mr. Dark
4. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
5. What instrument does Mr. Halloway play?
6. What is the name of Mr. Dark's new act?
(a) Bullet Boy
(b) Faster than a Bullet
(c) The Bullet Trick
(d) The Bullet Rain
7. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
(a) He is moving to another town
(b) He is in big trouble
(c) He is not coming home that night
(d) He is staying at Jim's house
8. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
9. Where does Will warn his father not to go?
(a) The police station
(b) The library
(c) Miss Foley's house
(d) The carnival
10. How does Mr. Halloway shatter the mirrors?
(a) He laughs
(b) He kicks them
(c) He spits at them
(d) He screams
11. What does Will tell his father?
(a) He is a good man
(b) He is young at heart
(c) He loves him
(d) He is fun
12. How far do Will and Jim travel on the carousel together?
(a) Two circles
(b) Half a circle
(c) A quarter of a circle
(d) A full circle
13. What is the weather in the morning?
14. Who does the boy say is after him?
(a) The Drawf
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Miss Foley
(d) Mr. Dark
15. What happens in Chapter 31?
(b) The carnival disappears
(c) Jim disapppears
(d) Mr. Halloway has a heart attack
Short Answer Questions
1. What wakes Jim up from the dead?
2. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
3. Who does Jim have a dream about?
4. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
5. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)