|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Dark say will hold Will when he is a baby?
(b) The Dwarf
(c) The Dust Witch
(d) Miss Foley
2. What does Will try to do to stop the mirror images?
(a) Lights a match
(b) Closes his eyes
(c) Smashes the mirrors
(d) Turns on his torch
3. Who does Mr. Dark tell the boys to smile at?
(a) The Drawf
(b) The Dust Witch
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) Mr. Coogar
4. What does Jim ask if the carnival buys?
5. What book does Mr. Halloway threaten Mr Dark with?
(a) The Bible
(b) The Guiness Book of Records
(c) The Martian Chronicles
(d) The Divine Comedy
6. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
7. Where does Mr. Dark hide the boys?
(a) His tent
(b) Under the carousel
(c) The Mirror Maze
(d) Miss Foley's basement
8. Who does Jim have a dream about?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) A little girl
(c) His father
(d) Mr. Coogar
9. What does Mr. Coogar turn into?
10. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
(a) A step to hell
(c) A fun fair ride
(d) A festival
11. Where is Charles Halloway in Chapter 37?
(a) The library
(c) The saloon
(d) The carnival
12. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
(a) The barber shop
(b) Tetley's Teashop
(c) The Green Store
(d) The United Cigar Store
13. Who are the freaks bringing to the carousel?
(a) The Witch
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Electrico
14. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
(a) Evil spirits
(b) The afterlife
(c) Coogar and Dark's carnival
(d) Carnival folklore
15. What disappears on the young boy's body?
(a) A birthmark
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Dark's new act?
2. Who is the only person that goes to the carnival in the morning?
3. What do Will and Mr. Halloway hear?
4. What is the Dust Witch made of?
5. How does Will react when Mr. Dark say his mother is now a shriveled old woman?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)