|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Halloway say wants sadness?
(a) Carnival people
(b) Soulless people
(c) Evil people
(d) Sad people
2. What does Will tell his father on the phone?
(a) He is in big trouble
(b) He is staying at Jim's house
(c) He is moving to another town
(d) He is not coming home that night
3. What does Mr Dark think life is nothing more than?
(b) A fun fair ride
(c) A festival
(d) A step to hell
4. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day doing in Chapter 37?
5. Who is inside the balloon's basket?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) The Dust Witch
(c) Mr. Coogar
(d) Mr. Dark
6. What part of Will's body ages?
(a) His hand
(b) His little finger
(c) His left leg
(d) His hair
7. What makes Mr. Halloway laugh?
(a) The witch's smile
(b) The witch's warts
(c) The witch tickling him
(d) The witch's holey tights
8. What does the carnival look for?
(a) People in despair
(b) Evil people
(c) Religious people
(d) Happy people
9. Who is the only person that goes to the carnival in the morning?
(a) Mr. Halloway
(d) Miss Foley
10. What store do Will and Jim hide near?
(a) The Green Store
(b) Tetley's Teashop
(c) The United Cigar Store
(d) The barber shop
11. What do Will and Jim hide underneath?
(a) An iron grille
(b) A tree
(c) A bus shelter
(d) A bush
12. What does Mr. Dark blow smoke at?
(a) A religious cross
(b) The No Smoking sign
(c) The books
(d) A painting
13. Who does Mr. Dark say will hold Will when he is a baby?
(a) The Dust Witch
(b) Miss Foley
(c) The Dwarf
14. What does Mr. Halloway try to destroy?
(a) The carnival train
(b) The carousel
(c) The Big Wheel
(d) The Mirror Maze
15. Who does Mr. Dark want to turn Mr. Electrico back into?
(a) Mr. Fury
(b) Mr. Halloway
(c) Mr. Tetley
(d) Mr. Coogar
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Halloway want the witch to kill him?
2. What do Jim and Will see above them?
3. What has Mr. Halloway spent all day researching?
4. What book does Mr. Halloway threaten Mr Dark with?
5. What instrument does Mr. Halloway play?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)