|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. What does the piece of paper advertise?
(a) Coogar and Dark's show
(b) A book store
(c) A new supermarket
(d) A car exhibition
3. Who do the boys call in Chapter 24?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) The fire brigade
(c) Mr. Halloway
(d) The police
4. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
(b) Charles Halloway
(d) Mr. Dark
5. What does Jim tell Will he wants to see?
(b) A film
(d) A carnival
6. What is William's surname?
7. Who does Miss Foley think the 12-year-old boy is?
(a) Her nephew
(b) Her sweetheart
(c) Her brother
(d) Her son
8. What does Tom Fury help people do?
(a) Protect their houses from storms
(b) Use lightning for electricity
(c) Feel good about themselves
(d) Spend their money
9. What does Jim's mother want Jim to do before he leaves her?
(a) Make her laugh
(b) Buy her a present
(c) Say goodbye
(d) Give her money
10. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
(a) Miss Foley and Mr. Coogar
(b) Mr. Coogar and Mr. Tetley
(c) Mr. Dark and Mr. Coogar
(d) Miss Foley and Mr. Halloway
11. What do Will and Jim check out in Chapter 15?
(a) The carnival
(b) The comic book store
(c) The Theater
(d) The library
12. Who is Miss Foley searching for?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her nephew
(c) Her mother
(d) Her boyfriend
13. Who thinks about their lives at three in the morning?
(a) Middle-aged men
(b) Old women
14. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) Miss Foley
15. Where is Charles Halloway when he sees Jim and Will run by?
(a) The library
(b) His mother's house
(d) The saloon
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will hear his father muttering?
2. Who does Jim want to apologize to?
3. Where does Will hide at Miss Foley's house?
4. Whose house does Will go to?
5. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)