|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of song does Mr. Halloway hear a man humming?
(a) A jazz song
(b) A pop song
(c) A Christmas song
(d) A folk song
2. How does Will describe his father's mood?
3. What kind of novels do Will and Jim choose?
(a) Detective novels
(b) Spy novels
(c) Adventure novels
(d) War novels
4. What kind of month does the author say October is for boys?
(a) A rare month
(b) A fun month
(c) A lucky month
(d) A scary month
5. Who does the boy yell for?
(a) Miss Foley
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) The police
6. What does Mr. Halloway think Jim will do when he sees the blows?
(a) Dodge them
(b) Laugh in their face
(c) Take them
(d) Give them back
7. What is Mr. Dark's arm covered in?
8. What store does Mr. Tetley own?
(a) The United Cigar Store
(b) Ned's Nightly Bar
(c) Tetley's Newspaper Store
(d) The Peyote Store
9. Who does the man in the suit introduce himself as?
(a) Mr. Hell
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Mr. Nightshade
(d) Mr. Dark
10. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
(a) Out of order
(b) Enter at your own risk
(c) Do not enter
(d) Help yourself
11. Who gets off the train first?
(a) A drawf in a dark suit
(b) A tall man in a dark suit
(c) A tall man in a colorful suit
(d) A short naked man
12. Who thinks about their lives at three in the morning?
(c) Old women
(d) Middle-aged men
13. What does Jim ask Will to hold?
(a) His magazines
(b) His drink
(c) His bag
(d) His books
14. Whose house does Tom Fury predict the storm will hit?
(b) Mr Coogar's
(c) Mr. Dark's
15. What do the carnival people set up in the fields?
(a) Totem poles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
2. What do Will and Jim check out in Chapter 15?
3. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
4. Where does Miss Foley want to meet Mr. Halloway?
5. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)