|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
(a) Charles Halloway
(c) Mr. Dark
2. When does Will think the storm will arrive?
(c) In a week
(d) In an hour
3. Who gets off the train first?
(a) A short naked man
(b) A tall man in a colorful suit
(c) A drawf in a dark suit
(d) A tall man in a dark suit
4. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) Miss Foley
5. Who does Miss Foley telephone?
(a) Mr. Halloway
(c) Mr. Dark
(d) Mr. Coogar
6. What street do William and James live on?
(a) Opiate Street
(b) Oak Street
(c) Elm Street
(d) York Street
7. What do the carnival people set up in the fields?
(a) Totem poles
8. What kind of song does Mr. Halloway hear a man humming?
(a) A pop song
(b) A Christmas song
(c) A jazz song
(d) A folk song
9. What does Jim say his name is?
10. What does Mr. Halloway say men despair at?
11. Who does Miss Foley say she saw in the Mirror Maze?
(b) A little girl
(c) Her nephew
(d) Her father
12. Who wrote the Funeral March?
13. What do Jim and Will see flying above the train?
(a) A balloon
(b) An airplane
(c) A broomstick
(d) An eagle
14. Why are Will and Jim surprised by the carnival?
(a) It seems weird
(b) It seems happy
(c) It seems normal
(d) It seems evil
15. What does Jim decide to take off the roof of his house?
(a) The radio aerial
(b) The wind sock
(c) The TV aerial
(d) The lightning rod
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim favor over talking?
2. What is William's surname?
3. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
4. Who does the author describe as being marbled with dark?
5. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)