|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Halloway go after the library?
(a) A restaurant
(c) A saloon
(d) A brothel
2. Where are the boy and Miss Foley going after dinner?
(a) The saloon
(b) Will's house
(c) The carnival
(d) The library
3. Where does Will find Jim when he disappears?
(a) The Carousel
(b) The Freak Show
(c) The Mirror Maze
(d) At home
4. What is the name of Jim and Will's town?
(a) White Town
(b) Green Town
(c) Red Town
(d) Dark Town
5. Whose house does Will go to?
(b) Mr Dark's
(c) Miss Foley's
(d) Mr Tetley's
6. What does Jim decide to take off the roof of his house?
(a) The lightning rod
(b) The TV aerial
(c) The wind sock
(d) The radio aerial
7. What does Mr. Fury see banging on the shop window?
(c) A drawf
8. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
9. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
10. What state is Green Town in?
(b) New York
11. What have Jim and Will nailed into the ivy?
(a) Dead animals
(c) A rope ladder
(d) Iron rungs
12. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
(a) Mr. Buzz
(b) Mr. Livewire
(c) Mr. Electrico
(d) Mr. Sizzle
13. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
(a) Mr. Coogar
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Fury
(d) Miss Foley
14. What do the boys use to look out at the carnival?
(b) A magnifying glass
(c) A telescope
(d) A periscope
15. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
(a) Mr. Dark and Mr. Coogar
(b) Miss Foley and Mr. Coogar
(c) Miss Foley and Mr. Halloway
(d) Mr. Coogar and Mr. Tetley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Will's father say he feels sad?
2. What kind of song does Mr. Halloway hear a man humming?
3. Who stops at the empty shop window?
4. Who jumps on the merry-go-round?
5. What do Jim and Will see flying above the train?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)