|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will do when Jim spits in his face?
(a) Kicks him
(b) Pokes him in the eye
(c) Punches him
2. Who does Chapter 3 focus on?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Charles Halloway
3. Why does Will decide to stay at the carnival?
(a) To find the little girl
(b) To ride the carousel
(c) To speak to Mr. Dark
(d) To find Mr. Fury
4. Who does Miss Foley telephone?
(a) Mr. Halloway
(b) Mr. Dark
(c) Mr. Coogar
5. What is Mr. Dark's arm covered in?
6. What happens when Mr. Dark turns on the electric chair?
(a) Mr. Coogar begins to laugh
(b) Mr. Coogar becomes young again
(c) Mr. Coogar comes alive
(d) Mr. Coogar turns to dust
7. What kind of month does the author say October is for boys?
(a) A scary month
(b) A fun month
(c) A lucky month
(d) A rare month
8. What do the boys use to look out at the carnival?
(a) A periscope
(b) A telescope
(c) A magnifying glass
9. Who do Will and Jim run into at the carnival?
(a) Mr. Dark
(b) Mr. Coogar
(c) Mrs. Nightshade
(d) Miss Foley
10. Where does the train stop?
(a) A meadow
(b) A ghetto
(c) The town center
(d) A cornfield
11. What color hair does Mr. Coogar have?
12. What does the piece of paper advertise?
(a) A book store
(b) A car exhibition
(c) A new supermarket
(d) Coogar and Dark's show
13. Where is Charles Halloway when he sees Jim and Will run by?
(a) His mother's house
(b) The library
(c) The saloon
14. Who thinks about their lives at three in the morning?
(a) Middle-aged men
(b) Old women
15. What do Jim and Will usually use to communicate to each other during the night?
(a) A boardwalk
(c) Owl hoots
(d) Walkie talkies
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Will think will kill him and Jim?
2. What kind of books does Mr. Halloway recommend to the two children?
3. What do Will and Jim check out in Chapter 15?
4. What does Mr. Fury do when the shop door opens by itself?
5. What does the boy throw over Jim and Will?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)