|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does the novel begin in?
2. Who wrote the Funeral March?
3. What do Jim and Will usually use to communicate to each other during the night?
(a) Walkie talkies
(c) A boardwalk
(d) Owl hoots
4. What have Jim and Will nailed into the ivy?
(a) Iron rungs
(b) Dead animals
(d) A rope ladder
5. What kind of business does Mr. Crosetti run?
(a) A cafe
(b) A book shop
(c) A local newspaper
(d) Barber shop
6. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
(a) Out of order
(b) Help yourself
(c) Enter at your own risk
(d) Do not enter
7. What does the piece of paper advertise?
(a) A new supermarket
(b) A car exhibition
(c) Coogar and Dark's show
(d) A book store
8. What does Mr. Halloway see a sculpture of in the window?
(a) A woman
(b) A drawf
(c) A dinosaur
(d) An eagle
9. When does Will think the storm will arrive?
(c) In an hour
(d) In a week
10. What does Jim tell his mother he never wants?
(a) A house
(b) A father
(d) A wife
11. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
(a) The library
(c) A cafe
(d) A saloon
12. Who is Miss Foley searching for?
(a) Her mother
(b) Her nephew
(c) Her boyfriend
(d) Her sister
13. What do the boys use to look out at the carnival?
(b) A magnifying glass
(c) A telescope
(d) A periscope
14. What does Mr. Dark say is Mr. Coogar's stage name?
(a) Mr. Electrico
(b) Mr. Livewire
(c) Mr. Buzz
(d) Mr. Sizzle
15. Where is Charles Halloway when he sees Jim and Will run by?
(a) The saloon
(c) The library
(d) His mother's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom Fury help people do?
2. Where do Will and Jim find the 12-year-old boy?
3. What great thing happens to children in June?
4. What remains where the lady in ice once was?
5. What store does Mr. Tetley own?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)