|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mr. Halloway go after the library?
(a) A brothel
(b) A restaurant
(c) A saloon
2. Where does Will go when Jim gives him his books?
(a) A saloon
(b) A cafe
(d) The library
3. What does Will hear his father burn?
(a) A handbill
(b) A book
(c) A newspaper
(d) A dollar note
4. What does Will think being good involves?
(a) Believing in God
(b) Not smoking
(c) Being happy
(d) Having a family
5. Who does Jim's mother say Jim looks like?
(a) His older brother
(b) His uncle
(c) His father
(d) His grandfather
6. What does Mr. Halloway see a sculpture of in the window?
(a) A woman
(b) A drawf
(c) An eagle
(d) A dinosaur
7. What store does Mr. Tetley own?
(a) The United Cigar Store
(b) The Peyote Store
(c) Ned's Nightly Bar
(d) Tetley's Newspaper Store
8. What does Mr. Fury see banging on the shop window?
(d) A drawf
9. What does Mr. Dark give Will and Jim?
(b) A t-shirt
(c) Free tickets
(d) A poster
10. What do Will and Jim trip over as they leave the carnival?
(a) A suitcase
(b) A football
(c) A dead body
(d) A leather bag
11. What does the sign say on the merry-go-round?
(a) Help yourself
(b) Enter at your own risk
(c) Do not enter
(d) Out of order
12. Where does Will hide at Miss Foley's house?
(a) A tree
(b) A wine cellar
(c) Long grass
(d) A bush
13. What is Mr. Dark's arm covered in?
14. Who do the boys call in Chapter 24?
(a) The police
(b) Miss Foley
(c) Mr. Halloway
(d) The fire brigade
15. What does Jim think he hears on the library steps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will do when Jim spits in his face?
2. What does Will hear his father muttering?
3. Who jumps on the merry-go-round?
4. Who gets off the train first?
5. Who do Jim and Will hear talking?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)