|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 7, 8, and 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jim tell his mother he never wants?
(a) A house
(b) A father
(d) A wife
2. Why does Will's father say he feels sad?
(a) He is ill
(b) He feels something evil
(c) He is old
(d) He is bored
3. What kind of books does Mr. Halloway recommend to the two children?
(a) Detective books
(b) Animal books
(c) Dinosaur books
(d) Adventure books
4. What do people see through the window of the fifth house?
(a) People kissing
(b) People taking drugs
(c) People playing poker
(d) People undressing
5. What kind of month does the author say October is for boys?
(a) A rare month
(b) A lucky month
(c) A fun month
(d) A scary month
Short Answer Questions
1. What great thing happens to children in June?
2. What is William's surname?
3. What does Mr. Halloway see a sculpture of in the window?
4. What does the sign advertise?
5. What is Charles Halloway's job at the library?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)