• The novel begins in October with the children all waiting excitedly for Halloween.
• June is a great month for children because it is the end of school and September is a bad month because school starts. In October things get exciting again.
• Halloween this year arrives early, on the 24th of October at 3 am
• The author introduces the two main characters, James Nightshade and his friend William Halloway. The next week will change their lives forever.
Part 1: Chapters 1, 2, and 3
• Jim and William are lying on the lawn when a lightning rod salesman approaches them. He tells them they should buy a lightning rod because a storm will hit their house.
• The salesman's name is Tom Fury and he predicts that lightning will hit Jim's house.
• Will convinces Jim to take a lightning rod and they put it on top of Jim's house house.
• Will and...
This section contains 2,665 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)