|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Joe from possession?
2. What does she call him for the first time?
3. What does Barbara do in an effort to bring Joe to his senses?
4. Who does Joe tell Barbara about?
5. What does the recording reveal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Barbara so afraid that she will reveal nothing to Joe on the phone and then won't even talk to him at her door?
2. Why does Joe believe that in the year that has passed, Rose has never tried to return Nina to him if she really had his daughter?
3. What has time with Nina given Joe?
4. Why do Infiniface members reveal they wear robes and shave their heads?
5. What bombshell does Rose drop on Joe in the basement of Santa-Fe-by-the-Sea?
6. What facts does Joe share with Barbara about the flight that he has so far withheld from her?
7. What surprises Joe about the information Barbara reveals about how the plane went into the ground?
8. What happens as Joe arrives in Los Angeles again that changes his elation back to fear again?
9. What is the only thing that Joe can do, and why is it almost impossible for him to do so?
10. What does Barbara remember as they are leaving the crash site and why is she almost reluctant to tell Joe about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What special gifts does SSW-89-58 have? How do they manifest themselves at first? What is the initial indication that SSW-89-58 might be dangerous? What special precautions are taken to keep the handlers and doctors, as well as other staff members and society in general safe from SSW-89-58's intrusion? What is the purpose of sedation and how does that enable handlers to perform maintenance as necessary?
Essay Topic 2
What is the NTSB? What is their mandate or purpose when an accident such as Flight 353 occurs? How is the NTSB structured? What kind of professionals do they employ? What kind of tools do they employ to determine the reasons behind a crash? What is the purpose of this kind of investigation? What do they hope to learn? In the hierarchy of professionals that attend to a crash site, who has the ultimate control over how the site is handled?
Essay Topic 3
Why is SSW-89-58 tasked with ending the lives of both Rose and CCY-21-21? What possible harm could they be to Project 99? What other reasons do the project managers have for fearing CCY-21-21? What can this subject do that might change the entire project, not to mention the people who run it? Why are they unable to see the benefit of these gifts? What one major character flaw do they possess that prevents them from wanting the gift she is able to offer?
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)