|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Barbara decide to reveal the transcripts to Joe?
2. Why does Barbara play dumb when Joe calls her the first time?
3. Who is responsible for their escape?
4. How did the two men who broke into Barbara's room convince her that they were serious?
5. What does Barbara tell Joe about that confirms for him the possibility that Rose survived?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rose and Joe escape?
2. What point does Barbara make that Joe hasn't thought of?
3. What does Barbara remember as they are leaving the crash site and why is she almost reluctant to tell Joe about it?
4. What is the only thing that Joe can do, and why is it almost impossible for him to do so?
5. What miraculous admission does Mercy make that gives Joe hope again?
6. Why is Barbara so afraid that she will reveal nothing to Joe on the phone and then won't even talk to him at her door?
7. How does Joe counter her pessimism regarding the possibility that anyone could have survived?
8. How does Barbara try to keep Joe from taking false hope from the existence of the three seats found unscathed?
9. What does Rose tell the Infiniface group?
10. What has time with Nina given Joe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does CCY-21-21 first exhibit signs that she is more than just an ordinary young girl with above average intelligence? What prompts the first action on her behalf? What tasks is she asked to perform to confirm her abilities? During the execution of these tasks, what other special gift comes to light? What happens when Rose finally allows CCY-21-21 to share that gift with her as well? What does Rose do as a result and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is searching behavior? How does it manifest itself in people? How much control do those affected by searching behavior have when they are in an episode or attack state? Can searching behavior be harmful? How long does searching behavior typically last? Will it disappear over time, or is this something that will continue until it is dealt with? How can searching behavior be treated and/or modified? What can be done to reduce the symptoms and effects of searching behavior? Is this behavior limited to those who have lost a loved one to death?
Essay Topic 3
What is the company Teknologik? What is their purpose? Why are they described as a company that cannot fail? What kind of corporate structure does Teknologik have? How is the government involved in their operations if at all? What kinds of complications can arise from this kind of arrangement? Is the financial input available in this arrangement something that skews the results that may come from the company or its researchers.
This section contains 1,336 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)