|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara do in an effort to bring Joe to his senses?
2. Who is Mahalia to Rose?
3. What secret does she finally reveal?
4. What does Joe ask Rose to do?
5. What did Rachel ask Mercy to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what five ways is SSW-89-58 rewarded for good behavior?
2. What is the only thing that Joe can do, and why is it almost impossible for him to do so?
3. Why is Barbara so afraid that she will reveal nothing to Joe on the phone and then won't even talk to him at her door?
4. What miraculous admission does Mercy make that gives Joe hope again?
5. What has time with Nina given Joe?
6. What happens as Joe arrives in Los Angeles again that changes his elation back to fear again?
7. Where are Joe and Nina on the two year anniversary of Flight 353?
8. Why do Infiniface members reveal they wear robes and shave their heads?
9. What bombshell does Rose drop on Joe in the basement of Santa-Fe-by-the-Sea?
10. What does the Project 99's SSW-89-58 do first when he remotely enters the cabin that Joe, Louis and Nina are in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the NTSB? What is their mandate or purpose when an accident such as Flight 353 occurs? How is the NTSB structured? What kind of professionals do they employ? What kind of tools do they employ to determine the reasons behind a crash? What is the purpose of this kind of investigation? What do they hope to learn? In the hierarchy of professionals that attend to a crash site, who has the ultimate control over how the site is handled?
Essay Topic 2
What is searching behavior? How does it manifest itself in people? How much control do those affected by searching behavior have when they are in an episode or attack state? Can searching behavior be harmful? How long does searching behavior typically last? Will it disappear over time, or is this something that will continue until it is dealt with? How can searching behavior be treated and/or modified? What can be done to reduce the symptoms and effects of searching behavior? Is this behavior limited to those who have lost a loved one to death?
Essay Topic 3
What is the company Teknologik? What is their purpose? Why are they described as a company that cannot fail? What kind of corporate structure does Teknologik have? How is the government involved in their operations if at all? What kinds of complications can arise from this kind of arrangement? Is the financial input available in this arrangement something that skews the results that may come from the company or its researchers.
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)