|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Joe calls Rose's listed telephone number, how does he identify himself?
2. Where does he stop next?
3. How old is Joe?
4. Who is second to die?
5. Why does Joe return to the Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. What other indications are there that make it clear that Joe is being monitored?
2. What happens to Bob's mother after she meets with Rose?
3. Who is the only person that seems to understand the way Joe feels, and is his lifeline?
4. What is searching behavior and who is it common to?
5. Who does Joe try to reach when he returns to the motel, and why is it so difficult?
6. What do Joe and Beth talk about when he calls her in the early morning hours?
7. What do the two young men who approach him and ask him if he is holding bring to his attention?
8. What does Joe find when he arrives at the Delmann house on the anniversary of the crash of Flight 353?
9. What does Joe remember as he reviews the strange events at the cemetery; what action does he take and what conclusions does he draw?
10. What things draw his attention on the streets of the San Fernando Valley and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What single event gives Joe renewed hope and a reason to begin living again? What does he learn that changes everything, and brings him out of his year long depression? Who discloses the information to him, and what does he learn as a result of his continued investigation? Who does Joe believe he will have contact with again, and why?
Essay Topic 2
How is Teknologik tied into the mystery of how flight 353 crashed? Who are Drs. Blom and Ramlock? What part do they play in the crash of this flight? Why does the flight recorder that captures the last few minutes of this flight cause such an upheaval? What question is asked repeatedly by the Captain, and why might he have asked it, despite already knowing the answer?
Essay Topic 3
What are anxiety attacks? How do the anxiety attacks that Joe suffers present themselves? How often does he have them? Is there any rhyme or reason to the onset of these attacks, their severity, or their frequency? What kinds of treatment are available to those who suffer from these attacks? How effective are they? Are medications usually required? What kinds and how effective are they?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)