|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lisa do in front of Joe?
2. Where does he stop next?
3. What did Rose give the Delmanns?
4. What does he do while he waits for articles to be printed out?
5. What does she suggest Joe do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Dewey's greeting to Joe that embarrasses them both and exemplifies why Joe has avoided all of his old friends and colleagues?
2. What did Dewey give Joe on his way in, and how is it relevant?
3. What is the culmination of the day's events in Joe's life?
4. What other indications are there that make it clear that Joe is being monitored?
5. What does Joe decide to do?
6. Once Joe is safely back in his car and on the road, what thoughts are going through his mind?
7. Who does Joe try to reach when he returns to the motel, and why is it so difficult?
8. Why did Rose want Lisa to meet the plane when she flew home a year previous?
9. What does Joe remember as he reviews the strange events at the cemetery; what action does he take and what conclusions does he draw?
10. Who is at the Delmann house, and what surprises does she reveal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are anxiety attacks? How do the anxiety attacks that Joe suffers present themselves? How often does he have them? Is there any rhyme or reason to the onset of these attacks, their severity, or their frequency? What kinds of treatment are available to those who suffer from these attacks? How effective are they? Are medications usually required? What kinds and how effective are they?
Essay Topic 2
What is Project 99? Why is it so carefully kept secret? What are the moral and ethical lines that are crossed by those who are working with Project 99? How does Rose become involved to the extent that she does, and what makes her want to expose the type of work being done? Why is she unsuccessful in her attempts to do so? What makes her stop trying?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Joe have difficulty when he tries to withdraw more than usual from his own bank account? What kind of reception does he get from both the teller and the branch manager, despite the fact that they both know him by sight? How is that in direct contradiction from the behavior of any savings institution when money is being deposited? Why is there this kind of altered attitude?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)