|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman at Michelle and the girls' graveside say to Joe?
2. What does he realize as he drives through San Fernando Valley?
3. What is significant about the date of August 15th?
4. What is a group of men betting on in the lavatory?
5. What does Joe smell and taste?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joe discover inside the van that surprises him?
2. What attitude seems consistent with the NTSB investigators that he manages to contact, including Barbara?
3. What happens to Bob's mother after she meets with Rose?
4. Who is the only person that seems to understand the way Joe feels, and is his lifeline?
5. What does Joe remember as he reviews the strange events at the cemetery; what action does he take and what conclusions does he draw?
6. What does Joe learn when he goes to the Vadence house?
7. Why does Joe go to the beach in Santa Monica before going to visit the cemetery where his wife and daughters are?
8. What unusual event occurs at the cemetery when Joe finally musters the strength to face his family's resting place?
9. What did Dewey give Joe on his way in, and how is it relevant?
10. What does Joe find when he arrives at the Delmann house on the anniversary of the crash of Flight 353?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does CCY-21-21 first exhibit signs that she is more than just an ordinary young girl with above average intelligence? What prompts the first action on her behalf? What tasks is she asked to perform to confirm her abilities? During the execution of these tasks, what other special gift comes to light? What happens when Rose finally allows CCY-21-21 to share that gift with her as well? What does Rose do as a result and why?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of tasks is SSW-89-58 asked to perform on behalf of his handlers, his doctors and the government? What do they call these special missions? Why are they given that name? What are the five rewards given to SSW-89-58 for performing as he is directed to? What are the five punishments that can be doled out should the subject refuse to participate as directed, or stray from within the parameters of his instructions? What is the most fearsome trait that this subject is revealing?
Essay Topic 3
What is searching behavior? How does it manifest itself in people? How much control do those affected by searching behavior have when they are in an episode or attack state? Can searching behavior be harmful? How long does searching behavior typically last? Will it disappear over time, or is this something that will continue until it is dealt with? How can searching behavior be treated and/or modified? What can be done to reduce the symptoms and effects of searching behavior? Is this behavior limited to those who have lost a loved one to death?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)