|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joe hoping to find in the van?
2. What does he realize as he drives through San Fernando Valley?
3. What do the boys tell Joe?
4. How old is Joe?
5. What does Dewey tell him on his way out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual event occurs at the cemetery when Joe finally musters the strength to face his family's resting place?
2. What does Joe decide to do?
3. What is Joe just beginning to discover?
4. How has Joe attempted to deal with these attacks?
5. Who is at the Delmann house, and what surprises does she reveal?
6. What other indications are there that make it clear that Joe is being monitored?
7. What does Joe uncover about the white Ford van that was at the cemetery?
8. What does Joe question as he walks down the beach, and what do the robed men and women make him wonder?
9. What did Dewey give Joe on his way in, and how is it relevant?
10. Who does Joe try to reach when he returns to the motel, and why is it so difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is SSW-89-58 tasked with ending the lives of both Rose and CCY-21-21? What possible harm could they be to Project 99? What other reasons do the project managers have for fearing CCY-21-21? What can this subject do that might change the entire project, not to mention the people who run it? Why are they unable to see the benefit of these gifts? What one major character flaw do they possess that prevents them from wanting the gift she is able to offer?
Essay Topic 2
What is survivor's guilt? How does it usually present? Who typically suffers from survivor's guilt? Are there any standard treatments available to sufferers? If so, what are they? If not, what can be done to help those who are affected? How long will survivors guilt typically last? Is this something that can be treated with therapy? Are there medications available to help sufferers?
Essay Topic 3
How does CCY-21-21 first exhibit signs that she is more than just an ordinary young girl with above average intelligence? What prompts the first action on her behalf? What tasks is she asked to perform to confirm her abilities? During the execution of these tasks, what other special gift comes to light? What happens when Rose finally allows CCY-21-21 to share that gift with her as well? What does Rose do as a result and why?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)