|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dewey tell him on his way out?
2. How did Lisa and Rose know each other?
3. What does he pull over to do?
4. Other than Wallace Blick, what does Joe discover in the back of the van?
5. Where did Joe work before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe try to verify Rose?
2. What is the culmination of the day's events in Joe's life?
3. Why is being back in his old office and cubicle so difficult for Joe?
4. What experience does Joe have at the bank when he tries to withdraw his own money?
5. What things draw his attention on the streets of the San Fernando Valley and why?
6. Who does Joe try to reach when he returns to the motel, and why is it so difficult?
7. What sensations assault him as he is in the throws of an attack of this nature?
8. What is it about Dewey's greeting to Joe that embarrasses them both and exemplifies why Joe has avoided all of his old friends and colleagues?
9. What does Joe discover inside the van that surprises him?
10. What is searching behavior and who is it common to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What questions does Joe have regarding the afterlife? What is an afterlife and why is it so important to Joe and to other family members of the victims of the crash of flight 353? What is the likelihood that an afterlife exists? Do you believe in an afterlife? What is the definition of a soul? Do our souls have the ability to carry on without the vessel of our body? If so, in what state do you believe this occurs? What do you believe happens when our bodies no longer support us?
Essay Topic 2
What similarities are there between CCY-21-21 and SSW-89-58? How are their beginnings related? Why are they valued differently by their handlers? While both are feared to some degree, why is only one is kept in a strictly controlled and isolated environment? What would the outcome of freedom for this subject be? How do the handlers ensure cooperation?
Essay Topic 3
Why is SSW-89-58 tasked with ending the lives of both Rose and CCY-21-21? What possible harm could they be to Project 99? What other reasons do the project managers have for fearing CCY-21-21? What can this subject do that might change the entire project, not to mention the people who run it? Why are they unable to see the benefit of these gifts? What one major character flaw do they possess that prevents them from wanting the gift she is able to offer?
This section contains 1,146 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)