|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eludes Joe at the beach?
(a) A connection to God.
(b) A connection to life.
(c) The purpose of the deaths he has witnessed.
(d) The feeling of peace.
2. What does he suddenly remember as he reviews the events at the cemetery?
(a) The transponder.
(b) He hasn't eaten.
(c) He left his cooler behind.
(d) A meeting he is late for.
3. What does he do while he waits for articles to be printed out?
(a) Looks up crash archives.
(b) Talks to Dewey.
(c) Looks up funeral footage.
(d) Talks to coworkers.
4. Where did Joe work before?
(a) Los Angeles Tribune.
(b) Los Angeles Sun.
(c) Los Angeles Post.
(d) Los Angeles Sentinel.
5. What does he think the helicopter is searching for?
(b) Traffic patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Joe worked as a crime reporter?
2. What is he trying to find out?
3. Why does Joe return to the Post?
4. Who dies first in the Delmann house and how?
5. Why is Joe annoyed by the two women who set up near him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual event occurs at the cemetery when Joe finally musters the strength to face his family's resting place?
2. Why does Joe experience these things despite not having been on the flight itself?
3. Who does Joe try to reach when he returns to the motel, and why is it so difficult?
4. What is Joe just beginning to discover?
5. Once Joe is safely back in his car and on the road, what thoughts are going through his mind?
6. Why is being back in his old office and cubicle so difficult for Joe?
7. Who is the only person that seems to understand the way Joe feels, and is his lifeline?
8. What does Joe question as he walks down the beach, and what do the robed men and women make him wonder?
9. What does Joe find when he arrives at the Delmann house on the anniversary of the crash of Flight 353?
10. What attitude seems consistent with the NTSB investigators that he manages to contact, including Barbara?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)