|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't he use the bank machine?
(a) To avoid being traced.
(b) It can't handle the transaction.
(c) He doesn't have his card.
(d) He prefers a personal transaction.
2. What does he realize as he drives through San Fernando Valley?
(a) He is lost.
(b) Something isn't kosher about Flight 353.
(c) He is going the wrong way.
(d) He is out of gas.
3. Why doesn't Joe stop?
(a) He is late for an appointment.
(b) He doesn't believe that's who it is.
(c) He is too upset to talk.
(d) He doesn't want to be caught.
4. What was her former position before retirement?
(a) Lead NTSB investigator for Flight 353.
(b) Head of councelling for victims of flight 353.
(c) Head detective on investigation into flight 353.
(d) Lead coroner for flight 353.
5. How old is Rose Tucker?
(a) Fifty two.
(b) Forty Five.
(c) Forty Three.
(d) Thirty nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grounds him again?
2. How old is Joe?
3. Who owns that company?
4. What is a group of men betting on in the lavatory?
5. Who is Henry McKay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nightmare that Joe is barely surviving?
2. Why did Rose want Lisa to meet the plane when she flew home a year previous?
3. Why does Joe go to the beach in Santa Monica before going to visit the cemetery where his wife and daughters are?
4. What attitude seems consistent with the NTSB investigators that he manages to contact, including Barbara?
5. Why is being back in his old office and cubicle so difficult for Joe?
6. What is it about Dewey's greeting to Joe that embarrasses them both and exemplifies why Joe has avoided all of his old friends and colleagues?
7. How does Joe try to verify Rose?
8. What sensations assault him as he is in the throws of an attack of this nature?
9. What does Joe remember as he reviews the strange events at the cemetery; what action does he take and what conclusions does he draw?
10. What does Joe question as he walks down the beach, and what do the robed men and women make him wonder?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)