|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe claim he doesn't have the courage to do?
(a) Live alone.
(b) Face himself.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) End his life.
2. Where did it crash?
(a) Into a meadow.
(b) Into a mountainside.
(c) Onto a highway.
(d) Into the ocean.
3. Why does Joe call Dewey downstairs?
(a) To ask him to describe the woman who left the note.
(b) To invite him out for a beer.
(c) To see if anyone asked about him.
(d) To talk about family.
4. Where is Joe headed the next morning?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Santa Maria.
(c) Santa Ana.
(d) Santa Monica.
5. What does he realize as he drives through San Fernando Valley?
(a) He is going the wrong way.
(b) Something isn't kosher about Flight 353.
(c) He is out of gas.
(d) He is lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is he experiencing?
2. What did he do there?
3. Who dies first in the Delmann house and how?
4. What is happening to the clock after Charles kills himself?
5. What sensation does he have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is at the Delmann house, and what surprises does she reveal?
2. What does Joe learn about Teknologik?
3. How does Joe try to verify Rose?
4. What things draw his attention on the streets of the San Fernando Valley and why?
5. Why is being back in his old office and cubicle so difficult for Joe?
6. What does Joe uncover about the white Ford van that was at the cemetery?
7. What actions simultaneously thrill and repulse Joe?
8. Who is the only person that seems to understand the way Joe feels, and is his lifeline?
9. What is the culmination of the day's events in Joe's life?
10. What happens to Bob's mother after she meets with Rose?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)