|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts his journey?
(b) An accident.
(c) A panic attack.
(d) An earthquake.
2. What eludes Joe at the beach?
(a) The purpose of the deaths he has witnessed.
(b) A connection to life.
(c) A connection to God.
(d) The feeling of peace.
3. Why is he told to dispose of Rose's note?
(a) For his own safety.
(b) For Rose's safety.
(c) For plausible deniability.
(d) Because the number won't work again.
4. What does Rose Tucker's note say?
(a) That her life depends on his discretion.
(b) That she is dying.
(c) That she wants to meet.
(d) That she is scared.
5. What does he discover?
(a) Bob's mother committed suicide.
(b) Bob's mother was feeling beeter.
(c) Grief and fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize as he is leaving?
2. Who does Joe decide to contact?
3. What happens as he leaves the cemetery?
4. Where does Joe stop on his way to the cemetery?
5. What does she suggest Joe do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Joe attempted to deal with these attacks?
2. What does Joe uncover about the white Ford van that was at the cemetery?
3. What do Joe and Beth talk about when he calls her in the early morning hours?
4. Once Joe is safely back in his car and on the road, what thoughts are going through his mind?
5. What actions simultaneously thrill and repulse Joe?
6. What is the nightmare that Joe is barely surviving?
7. What unusual event occurs at the cemetery when Joe finally musters the strength to face his family's resting place?
8. What does Joe find when he arrives at the Delmann house on the anniversary of the crash of Flight 353?
9. What does Joe discover inside the van that surprises him?
10. What does Joe remember as he reviews the strange events at the cemetery; what action does he take and what conclusions does he draw?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)