|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term applies to his stop there?
(a) Automatic response.
(b) Searching behavior.
(c) Unconscious action.
(d) Survivor's guilt.
2. Why does Joe call Dewey downstairs?
(a) To talk about family.
(b) To see if anyone asked about him.
(c) To invite him out for a beer.
(d) To ask him to describe the woman who left the note.
3. How old is Rose Tucker?
(a) Thirty nine.
(b) Forty Five.
(c) Fifty two.
(d) Forty Three.
4. What does Joe claim he doesn't have the courage to do?
(a) Live alone.
(b) Face himself.
(c) Go back to work.
(d) End his life.
5. Why doesn't he use the bank machine?
(a) He doesn't have his card.
(b) To avoid being traced.
(c) It can't handle the transaction.
(d) He prefers a personal transaction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe realize as he is leaving?
2. Who does Joe decide to contact?
3. What is happening to the clock after Charles kills himself?
4. What does Joe ask him about?
5. What does Joe elect to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is being back in his old office and cubicle so difficult for Joe?
2. What does Joe discover inside the van that surprises him?
3. What actions simultaneously thrill and repulse Joe?
4. What sensations assault him as he is in the throws of an attack of this nature?
5. What does Joe find when he arrives at the Delmann house on the anniversary of the crash of Flight 353?
6. What is searching behavior and who is it common to?
7. What experience does Joe have at the bank when he tries to withdraw his own money?
8. What does Joe learn when he goes to the Vadence house?
9. What does Joe decide to do?
10. What happens to Bob's mother after she meets with Rose?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)