|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does he call at 2:30 in the morning?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His father-in-law.
2. What bothers Joe most right now?
(a) They know who he is.
(b) The crash might not have been an accident.
(c) He is completely alone.
(d) He can't discuss this with anyone.
3. What does Joe realize as he is leaving?
(a) That he can't be found there.
(b) That he has figured it all out.
(c) That time is changing.
(d) That he is losing his mind.
4. Where did Joe work before?
(a) Los Angeles Sun.
(b) Los Angeles Sentinel.
(c) Los Angeles Post.
(d) Los Angeles Tribune.
5. What does Beth suggest Joe try to do?
(a) Return to work.
(b) Talk to a priest.
(c) Try to sleep.
(d) Get counselling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did he do there?
2. How old is Joe?
3. Who does Joe run into in the newsroom?
4. What causes her to run?
5. What does he resolve to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things draw his attention on the streets of the San Fernando Valley and why?
2. What experience does Joe have at the bank when he tries to withdraw his own money?
3. What attitude seems consistent with the NTSB investigators that he manages to contact, including Barbara?
4. What is Joe just beginning to discover?
5. How has Joe attempted to deal with these attacks?
6. What does Joe learn when he goes to the Vadence house?
7. Who is at the Delmann house, and what surprises does she reveal?
8. Once Joe is safely back in his car and on the road, what thoughts are going through his mind?
9. Why does Joe experience these things despite not having been on the flight itself?
10. What does Joe discover inside the van that surprises him?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)