|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first accosts Joe and Rose on the beach?
(a) Government agents.
(b) Thugs from Teknologik.
2. Why does Rose's ex-husband Louis cry when he discovers she has passed on, although he knows that there is an after life?
(a) Because he will have to endure many days without her.
(b) Because he didn't have a chance to resolve things with her.
(c) Because he wanted to repair their damaged marriage.
(d) Because he had hoped to start again.
3. What is SSW-89-58?
(a) A child prodigy created by Project 99.
(b) The genetic code for remote viewers.
(c) The location of Project 99.
(d) The genetic code for telepathy.
4. What is the purpose of Project 99?
(a) To build a library of unusual genetic profiles searching for those related to paranormal talents.
(b) To map the Universe in search of creation.
(c) To understand the reasons we were created.
(d) To find the Creator.
5. What does he finally do?
(a) He lets go of his family.
(b) He sees her courage.
(c) He prays.
(d) He takes her hand and receives her gift of knowledge.
6. What does Mercy see as being even more sad than our view of life and death?
(a) No view.
(b) A priest's perspective.
(c) God's view.
(d) No faith at all.
7. How far is the crash site from the Loose Change Ranch?
(a) Two and a half miles.
(b) Two miles.
(c) A mile and a half.
(d) One mile.
8. What does Joe notice about Captain Blane's portion of the transcript?
(a) How detached from reality he seems.
(b) How frightened he seems.
(c) How excited he sounds.
(d) How childish the speech is.
9. What does Rose confirm?
(a) That she is a Baptist.
(b) That she was on flight 353.
(c) That she knows terrible secrets.
(d) That she is afraid.
10. What does Rose claim is the only hope for the future?
11. Who is Mahalia to Rose?
(a) Her brother's wife.
(b) Her sister in law.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her mother's best friend.
12. Where does she take Joe next?
(a) To the Apaloosa Ranch.
(b) To the Changing Luck Ranch.
(c) To the Loose Change Ranch.
(d) To the Charging Horse Ranch.
13. What does Joe feel he should do right away?
(a) Call Barbara and warn her.
(b) Go to the police.
(c) Find a church.
(d) Call the Post.
14. How far off course was Flight 353 when it went into the ground?
(a) Twenty eight miles.
(b) Fifteen miles.
(c) Twenty five miles.
(d) Twenty two miles.
15. Where does Barbara take Joe to talk?
(a) The bus depot.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The crash site.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who caused the plane crash according to the voice recorder transcript?
2. What does Barbara remember as they are leaving?
3. What does Louis not realize?
4. How did the two men who broke into Barbara's room convince her that they were serious?
5. What secret does she finally reveal?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)