|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do?
(a) Follows them.
(b) Calls the caretaker.
(c) Checks out their vehicle.
(d) Calls police.
2. Who does he call at 2:30 in the morning?
(a) His mother-in-law.
(b) His father-in-law.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His brother-in-law.
3. What do the teenage boys want to know?
(a) If they can get a beer from Joe.
(b) If he can spare some change.
(c) If Joe's holding.
(d) If they can bum a smoke.
4. What is Joe driving?
(a) A Cadillac.
(b) A Toyota.
(c) A Honda.
(d) A BMW.
5. Who is Rose revealed to be?
(a) Joe's sister in law.
(b) Joe's sister.
(c) Joe's aunt.
(d) The only flight 353 survivor.
6. Why is Joe annoyed by the two women who set up near him?
(a) He thinks they are too obvious.
(b) He thinks they are too vulgar.
(c) He believes they are trying to pick him up.
(d) He believes they have misidentified him.
7. What does he do with the tracking device?
(a) Throws it into the back of a passing truck.
(b) Puts it on an idling taxi.
(c) Throws it into the garbage.
(d) Ties it to a stray dog.
8. When Joe calls Rose's listed telephone number, how does he identify himself?
(a) As a reporter.
(b) As Wallace Blick.
(c) As a friend.
(d) As a police man.
9. What does Beth suggest Joe try to do?
(a) Talk to a priest.
(b) Try to sleep.
(c) Return to work.
(d) Get counselling.
10. How long had Joe worked as a crime reporter?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Twenty five years.
11. How old is Rose Tucker?
(a) Forty Three.
(b) Forty Five.
(c) Fifty two.
(d) Thirty nine.
12. Who's loss is Joe Carpenter suffering?
(a) His brother and sister.
(b) His wife and two daughters.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His mother and father.
13. Where did it crash?
(a) Into a meadow.
(b) Onto a highway.
(c) Into a mountainside.
(d) Into the ocean.
14. What does Joe realize as he is leaving?
(a) He has more questions than answers.
(b) He knows where to find Rose.
(c) He understands everything.
(d) He knows who Rose is.
15. What does he discover?
(a) Bob's mother was feeling beeter.
(b) Bob's mother committed suicide.
(c) Grief and fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joe decide to contact?
2. Who is second to die?
3. Other than Wallace Blick, what does Joe discover in the back of the van?
4. How many siblings does Joe have?
5. Who does Joe run into in the newsroom?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)