Part One, Lost Forever: Chapter One
• Joe Carpenter is a man in the depths of despair, having lost his wife and two daughters in a plane crash.
• It has been a year since their deaths in Colorado and his life has fallen apart.
• A former crime reporter for the Los Angeles Post, he has turned his back on his job, family and friends.
• He hopes for the kind of release that would allow him to be with his family again.
• Waking in the early house, Joe thinks about the direction his life has taken.
• He reflects on the small apartment he lives in now instead of the nice home they used to have.
• He gets a beer, unable to sleep and calls the one person who understands his grief.
• His mother-in-law, Beth McKay lives in Virginia and is used to his calls at strange hours.
• She tries to...
This section contains 4,385 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)