|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the tea vendor give tea to even if she doesn't have money until the next day, according to the narrator in "The Street Boy"?
2. Who pulls Lakshmi into a hiding place during the raid in "Raid"?
3. What food does Monica say her daughter hates in "Understanding Monica"?
4. What color is Nepali dirt described as in "A Handful of Fog"?
5. Who did Monica give a bottle of nail polish to last week, according to the narrator in "Understanding Monica"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anita say happened to the new girl that was brought to Lakshmi's previous room in "Everything I Need to Know Now"?
2. What does Monica say her family told her daughter about her in "The Living Dead"?
3. Why has Monica been thrown out of Happiness House in "No Remedy"?
4. Where is Mumtaz when the raid occurs in "Raid"?
5. What does Lakshmi see Mumtaz doing with the policeman in "Police"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lakshmi relocated to a different room at Happiness House in "Changes"?
2. What financial figures does Lakshmi calculate regarding her income at Happiness House in "Mathematics"?
3. How does Lakshmi's relationship with Harish develop in Section 3?
4. How do the girls at Happiness House react to Shahanna's disappearance in Section 4?
5. How does Monica describe her "accomplishments" at Happiness House in "Understanding Monica"?
6. How are the characters of Pushpa and Anita described when Lakshmi first meets them?
7. How is Western culture presented in Section 3? How do the characters in the story perceive Western culture?
8. What gifts do Lakshmi and Harish exchange during the Festival of Brothers and Sisters?
9. How does Shahanna respond when Lakshmi tells her about her encounter with the American?
10. How does Lakshmi describe her feelings regarding Pushpa's son in "An Ordinary Boy"?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)