|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lakshmi respond when Harish asks her each day, "How are you today?"
(a) "How are you?"
(b) "I don't know."
(c) "I am Lakshmi and I am well."
(d) "Fine, thank you. And you?"
2. What color dress is the new girl wearing in "New Girl"?
3. What does Lakshmi describe "Stealing from the David Beckham Boy" in the chapter with this title?
(a) His money.
(b) His pencils.
(c) A rag doll.
(d) Glimpses in his storybook.
4. What possessions does Pushpa put in Harish's trunk when they prepare to leave Happiness House in "A Word Too Small"?
(a) A bag of money.
(b) A doll and her clothing.
(c) A hairbrush, a sweater, and a photo of her husband.
(d) A notebook, a dress, and her makeup.
5. What has been left on a table for Lakshmi when she awakens in "One of Them"?
(a) A glass of water.
(c) A feminine cleansing product.
(d) A pornographic magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monica say her father needs when she returns to Happiness House in "The Living Dead"?
2. For how many days has Pushpa been ill in bed in the beginning of "Beyond Words"?
3. What is the name of the girl that Lakshmi describes as "the aging bird girl" at Happiness House?
4. What does the tea vendor gain in exchange for putting extra sugar in the cook's tea at Happiness House?
5. What brought Pushpa to Happiness House?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lakshmi's relationship with Harish develop in Section 3?
2. What deal does Mumtaz make with Pushpa in Section 4? What becomes of Pushpa?
3. What is referred to in the title of "A Small Danger"? What does Lakshmi do with this danger?
4. What causes Lakshmi to become injured in her first days at Happiness House?
5. What are the repercussions when Lakshmi becomes ill in "The Cost of a Cure"?
6. How do the girls at Happiness House react to Shahanna's disappearance in Section 4?
7. What does Lakshmi experience when she first leaves the locked room at Happiness House?
8. How does Lakshmi describe her feelings regarding Pushpa's son in "An Ordinary Boy"?
9. How does Harish describe Americans to Lakshmi in "A Strange Vocabulary"?
10. How is Lakshmi's situation explained to her by Shahanna in "Everything I Need to Know Now"?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)