1. What kind of roof does Lakshmi's family have on their hut in the beginning of the novel?
A thatch roof.
2. What type of agriculture is grown around Lakshmi's village?
3. Who is Lakshmi's friend who has gone to work as a maid in the city to support her family?
4. How old is Lakshmi in the beginning of the novel?
5. In what country does Lakshmi live with her mother and stepfather?
6. Lakshmi says in Section 1 that her stepfather looks at her the same way he looks at what vegetables growing in front of their hut?
7. What game does Lakshmi describe playing with Gita in "Before Gita Left"?
"The hopping-on-one-leg game."
This section contains 4,470 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)