|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 224 – 263.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harish give to Lakshmi before leaving in "A Word Too Small"?
(a) His soccer ball.
(b) His rag doll.
(c) His David Beckham t-shirt.
(d) His American storybook.
2. How does Lakshmi's mother denote the years of how old she and Lakshmi are in "Another Calendar"?
(a) By notches on her headboard.
(b) By marks on her belt.
(c) By marks on her wedding trunk.
(d) By a wall-calendar.
3. What does Mumtaz do to coerce Lakshmi into being with men after beating her for three days?
(a) She cuts her.
(b) She starves her.
(c) She beats another girl.
(d) She threatens to kill her mother.
4. What object is supposed to arrive any day now at Happiness House in "The Words Harish Taught Me"?
(a) A car.
(b) A new television.
(c) A new air conditioner.
(d) A radio.
5. What does the cook give to the tea vendor when he says it is his last day on their route in "Stupidity"?
(a) A roti.
(b) A bowl of rice.
(c) A piece of fresh bread.
(d) A pancake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Shahanna tell Lakshmi to do with her shawl when she must bring a dirty man to her bed?
2. What is Auntie Mumtaz wearing when Lakshmi first meets her in "Ten Thousand Rupees"?
3. What has been purchased for Gita's little brother since she went to work as a maid in the city?
4. What does Lakshmi's mother do as she serves her husband dinner each night in "Something Beautiful"?
5. Who does Lakshmi say she will become in "Any Man, Every Man"?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)