|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 224 – 263.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does the tea vendor cheat out of her change if she's not paying attention, according to Lakshmi in "The Street Boy"?
2. Who is the girl at Happiness House that gets the most customers?
3. How many girls are estimated by the U.S. State Department to be trafficked into the sex slave trade annually worldwide?
(a) Almost 50,000.
(b) Almost two million.
(c) Almost half a million.
(d) Almost one million.
4. What does the American show to Lakshmi in "Digital Magic"?
(a) A television.
(b) A camera.
(c) A radio.
(d) A computer.
5. What does Auntie do to make Lakshmi keep walking ahead in "Moving Forward"?
(a) She pinches Lakshmi.
(b) She kicks Lakshmi.
(c) She throws gravel at Lakshmi's heels.
(d) She hits Lakshmi with a whip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bus do when it encounters a cow sleeping in the middle of the road in "On the Bus"?
2. Whom does the tea vendor give tea to even if she doesn't have money until the next day, according to the narrator in "The Street Boy"?
3. What are the four "American words" that Lakshmi has learned in "A Strange Vocabulary"?
4. Who is Lakshmi's friend who has gone to work as a maid in the city to support her family?
5. What words does Lakshmi say to the American in the end of "Believing"?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)