|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 224 – 263.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only prostitute that has been at Happiness House longer than Lakshmi in "Not a New Girl Anymore"?
2. Who brings Lakshmi tea in "A Cup of Tea"?
3. Who is the new girl that is punished by Mumtaz in "Punishment"?
4. What does the bus smell like, according to Lakshmi in "On the Bus"?
(a) "Rotting meat and garbage."
(b) "Pipe smoke and incense."
(c) "Onions and curry and cigarette smoke."
(d) "Stale bread and old shoes."
5. Why does the cook say she is grinding spices in "Punishment"?
(a) Because they are having stew for dinner.
(b) Because there will be a raid.
(c) Because she is sick.
(d) Because someone has betrayed Mumtaz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lakshmi says in Section 1 that her stepfather looks at her the same way he looks at what vegetables growing in front of their hut?
2. What words does Harish teach to Lakshmi in "Sorry"?
3. Into what country does Lakshmi cross with Uncle Husband in the narrative?
4. How does Lakshmi's mother denote the years of how old she and Lakshmi are in "Another Calendar"?
5. What kind of vendor calls out to sell his wares below Lakshmi's window in "What I Don't Do"?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)