|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, pp. 172 – 223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the older boys call the David Beckham boy's mother when they taunt him in "No Ordinary Boy, After All"?
(a) A whore.
(b) A cretin.
(c) A corpse.
(d) A monster.
2. What type of agriculture is grown around Lakshmi's village?
3. Lakshmi says in Section 1 that her stepfather looks at her the same way he looks at what vegetables growing in front of their hut?
4. What does Lakshmi describe "Stealing from the David Beckham Boy" in the chapter with this title?
(a) A rag doll.
(b) Glimpses in his storybook.
(c) His pencils.
(d) His money.
5. What is the name of the half-frowning girl at Happiness House?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the dress that Auntie gives to Lakshmi in "New Clothes"?
2. Whose shoulder does Lakshmi rest her head on as she watches television in "Like Anita"?
3. What item does Lakshmi describe Gita's mother having purchased after Gita went to work as a maid in the city?
4. Who gave Lakshmi the notebook that she carries in her pack as she makes her way with Auntie?
5. What does the bus do when it encounters a cow sleeping in the middle of the road in "On the Bus"?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)