|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, pp. 172 – 223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color does Lakshmi describe the huts of her village in "Something Beautiful"?
2. What is Shahanna doing when the raid occurs in "Raid"?
(a) Having her hair braided.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) She is with a customer.
(d) Painting her nails.
3. What is the name of Pushpa's baby girl?
4. Why do the women of Lakshmi's village drink the blue-black juice from the marking tree?
(a) To induce miscarriages.
(b) To prevent coughing disease.
(c) To prevent miscarriages.
(d) To prevent HIV.
5. What is "Shilpa's Secret" revealed to be in the chapter with this title?
(a) She is an alcoholic.
(b) She is running away.
(c) She is married.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does Lakshmi describe her mother as in "Another Calendar"?
2. To whom does Monica give the shoes that she once threw at her when she leaves Happiness House?
3. What is lassi made from?
4. How old is the boy who wears the David Beckham t-shirt?
5. How does Lakshmi's mother denote the years of how old she and Lakshmi are in "Another Calendar"?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)