|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4, pp. 172 – 223.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Auntie Mumtaz wearing when Lakshmi first meets her in "Ten Thousand Rupees"?
(a) A blue sari.
(b) A white sari.
(c) A red sari.
(d) A purple sari.
2. What are the four "American words" that Lakshmi has learned in "A Strange Vocabulary"?
(a) Footprints, water, air, and fire.
(b) Big Bird, Elmo, ice cream, and soccer.
(c) Rice, tomatoes, watermelon, and lilac.
(d) Dog, cat, rooster, and train-tracks.
3. Who pulls Lakshmi into a hiding place during the raid in "Raid"?
4. When Shahanna is teaching Lakshmi tricks with her shawl in "Everything I Need to Know Now," what does she say to do in order to bring the shy men to her bed?
(a) Wrap the shawl tightly around her shoulders.
(b) Throw the shawl at the customer.
(c) Wrap the shawl around her feet.
(d) Flick the ends of her shawl in a come-hither gesture.
5. What does Mumtaz say she will do to Lakshmi if she tries to run away in "Changes"?
(a) Hang her by her fingernails.
(b) Rub hot chilies in her private parts.
(c) Beat her with a metal rod.
(d) Drown her in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long have Auntie and Lakshmi been walking in the beginning of "Questions and Answers"?
2. What symbol is on the card that the American gives to Lakshmi in "A Strange Customer"?
3. After how many days of her punishment from Mumtaz does Lakshmi say she has stopped dreaming?
4. What does Monica say her father needs when she returns to Happiness House in "The Living Dead"?
5. Where does Lakshmi go for her period of confinement after her first menstruation?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)