|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What new theory does Kelvin say Snow has created about Solaris?
(a) that Solaris is a mother
(b) that Solaris is a child
(c) that Solaris is mad
(d) that Solaris is unconscious
2. What does Kelvin tell Rheya when she asks if she looks like the first Rheya.
(a) He says she looks more and more unlike Rheya.
(b) He says she looks subtly different than Rheya.
(c) He says she looks exactly like Rheya.
(d) He says she did at first, but now he doesn't know.
3. What does Snow say that Sartorius is planning to cure?
4. When does Snow say that the visitors first appeared?
(a) after an explosion in Solaris's ocean depths
(b) after the scientists performed X-ray experiments
(c) after the scientists performed microwave experiments
(d) after an explosion near the surface of Solaris
5. What kind of god does Kelvin ask Snow if he's ever heard of?
(a) a blind god
(b) an unconscious god
(c) an imperfect god
(d) a malevalent god
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelvin awake to hear in the middle of the night?
2. What does Rheya say when Kelvin asks where she went the previous night?
3. What result does Kelvin note that Sartorius' experiment has?
4. Whose voice does Kelvin hear in his sleep?
5. What experiment does Snow suggest to Kelvin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Snow call Rheya?
2. Why does Kelvin say he doesn't want Rheya to overhear his conversation?
3. What does Rheya want from Kelvin, after she listens to the tape recorder?
4. Why does Rheya choose the method she uses to try to kill herself?
5. Describe an extensor.
6. How does Rheya sign her suicide note?
7. Why doesn't Kelvin want to open a communications channel to the shuttle he launched?
8. Does Snow believe Kelvin when Kelvin says he loves Rheya?
9. What does Snow say that Sartorius wants to do to the ocean?
10. What is Gravinsk's Compendium commonly used for?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)