|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Snow say the experiment will be ready?
(a) in a month
(b) in two or three days
(c) in a week
(d) that day
2. What does Snow say their situation is beyond?
3. What does Snow hypothesize is necessary for the visitors to survive?
(a) a constant influx of energy
(b) a constant influx of matter
(c) a way to reform lost particles
(d) a way to recycle neutrinos
4. What is Kelvin looking for, that he thought about during the brainwave recording?
(a) a scientific measuring instrument
(b) a computer program
(c) a picure of Geise
(d) a locket
5. When does Rheya say was the only time she lied to him?
(a) when she said she couldn't remember how she got there
(b) when she would not leave his side
(c) when she said she believed in him
(d) when she hid the tape recorder
Short Answer Questions
1. What character trait does Kelvin say Rheya's suicide attempt shows?
2. What does Snow suggest is the reason Rheya is beautiful?
3. What does Snow think there is a chance for, based on their experiences?
4. What do mimoids duplicate?
5. What does Kelvin suddenly decide to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reasons does Kelvin have not to tell Rheya what she wants to know?
2. What can't Kelvin find, when he wakes in the morning?
3. Describe the ocean as Kelvin sees it, after leaving the research station for the first time.
4. How does Rheya sign her suicide note?
5. What metaphor does Kelvin use to describe trying to understand Solaris?
6. Why does Rheya choose the method she uses to try to kill herself?
7. What book does Kelvin read in the library?
8. What does Rheya want from Kelvin, after she listens to the tape recorder?
9. How does Kelvin imagine his return to Earth?
10. What is Gravinsk's Compendium commonly used for?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)