|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Kelvin meets on the research station?
2. What happens to Kelvin's arm?
(a) It gets crushed in the door.
(b) It goes to sleep.
(c) Rheya bruises it.
(d) He cuts it.
3. How does Kelvin feel when he sees the two dresses on the floor?
4. What does Rheya's blood look like to Kelvin at a subatomic level?
(a) It looks normal.
(b) The subatomic structures are irregular.
(c) The subatomic structures are too precise.
(d) Kelvin cannot see anything at the subatomic level.
5. Why does Sartorius agree to come out?
(a) Kelvin says that a shuttle has come to take them away.
(b) Kelvin threatens to break down the door.
(c) Kelvin tells Sartorius about the visitor he's seen.
(d) Kelvin threatens to turn off the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kelvin see in the hall on the way to his appointment with Snow?
2. Besides the envelope, what does Kelvin take from Gibarian's room?
3. Where has Snow put Gibarian's body?
4. What does Snow tell Kelvin when he asks about Sartorius?
5. What giant human form does Berton see imitated by Solaris' ocean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the person Kelvin is shocked to see go into Gibarian's room.
2. What does Snow say that mankind is seeking in outer space?
3. Why does Kelvin launch the shuttle?
4. Who do the records say took The Little Apocrypha out of the library?
5. Why does Snow say the Polytherian forms are so dangerous?
6. Describe Kelvin's first view of Solaris.
7. What is Snow's reaction to Kelvin's description of Rheya as a woman he once loved who killed herself?
8. Why does Kelvin react emotionally to the two sundresses on the floor?
9. What reason does Kelvin give for his suggestion about the physical composition of the visitors?
10. Who was the first human to die in Solaris's ocean?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)