|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kelvin propose that the visitors are made of?
(a) tachyon fields
(d) neutrino fields
2. What happens if a visitor is injured?
(a) It remains injured.
(b) It disintegrates.
(c) It regenerates.
(d) It vanishes.
3. What happens to Kelvin's arm?
(a) He cuts it.
(b) Rheya bruises it.
(c) It goes to sleep.
(d) It gets crushed in the door.
4. Whose voice speaks to Kelvin in the capsule to prepare him for landing?
(a) automated machinery
5. What does Kelvin notice about Rheya's foot?
(a) It is malformed.
(b) It is smooth and uncalloused.
(c) It is rough and hardened.
(d) It has no wrinkles or toe prints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelvin think of Berton's account?
2. What does Snow do when Kelvin asks about Gibarian?
3. What is the matter with Rheya's clothes?
4. How does Snow say that Gibarian died?
5. Who is in Gibarian's room when Kelvin arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do the records say took The Little Apocrypha out of the library?
2. How punctual does Kelvin say he is?
3. What do Rheya's death and Gibarian's death have in common?
4. Describe the research station as Kelvin first sees it.
5. What is Gibarian's reaction to the eerie sound of footsteps echoing through the station?
6. What does Kelvin do before removing his spacesuit?
7. Describe Kelvin's first view of Solaris.
8. Why does Kelvin react emotionally to the two sundresses on the floor?
9. What reason does Kelvin give for his suggestion about the physical composition of the visitors?
10. What aspect of clothing does Rheya have in common with the apparition Kelvin saw enter Gibarian's room?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)