|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kelvin do when he hears someone coming down the hall while he's in Gibarian's room?
(a) He holds the door handle so it can't be opened.
(b) He calls out to ask who's out there.
(c) He goes outside to see who is there.
(d) He leaves his room by a second exit.
2. What does Kelvin notice about Rheya's foot?
(a) It is malformed.
(b) It has no wrinkles or toe prints.
(c) It is rough and hardened.
(d) It is smooth and uncalloused.
3. What book can't Kelvin find in Gibarian's room?
(a) The Big Lie of Solaris
(b) The Little Apocrypha
(c) The Imposturia
(d) The Lost Solarian Truth
4. What does Kelvin do after he showers and changes?
(a) He goes to look for Snow.
(b) He reads.
(c) He takes a nap.
(d) He goes to look for Sartorius.
5. Who led the first preliminary study of Solaris, one which did not land on the surface?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kelvin looking at when he suddenly, intensely feels he's being watched?
2. Where has Snow put Gibarian's body?
3. What was Berton's condition when he returned from the search?
4. Where does Kelvin lock Rheya?
5. How does Kelvin recognize Snow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kelvin surprised by his greeting when he approaches the research station?
2. What aspect of clothing does Rheya have in common with the apparition Kelvin saw enter Gibarian's room?
3. Why does Kelvin blame himself for Rheya's death?
4. Why do Sartorius, Snow, and Kelvin cover the cameras on their videophones?
5. Is Kelvin on time for his meeting with Snow?
6. Was Gibarian dead when Snow found him?
7. Describe the change in light between a red-sun day and a blue-sun day on Solaris.
8. What does Snow say that mankind is seeking in outer space?
9. What do Rheya's death and Gibarian's death have in common?
10. What is Snow's reaction to Kelvin's description of Rheya as a woman he once loved who killed herself?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)