|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Snow say that Sartorius is?
(a) in the laboratory
(b) on the planet's surface
(c) in the kitchen
(d) in his quarters
2. Who does Kelvin see by Gibarian's body?
(a) a small barefoot child
(c) a large black woman
3. Which sun sets after Kelvin has showed and changed?
(a) the blue sun of Solaris
(b) the yellow sun of Solaris
(c) the green sun of Solaris
(d) the red sun of Solaris
4. When does Sartorius plan on joining Snow and Kelvin?
(a) in an hour
(b) after dark
(c) the next day
5. What does Rheya's blood look like to Kelvin at the molecular level?
(a) The molecules are too precise.
(b) It looks normal.
(c) The molecules are irregular.
(d) The blood has no molecules.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Fechner's body end up?
2. What does Kelvin arm himself with?
3. How long did it take for spacecraft to visit Solaris after its discovery?
4. When was Solaris first discovered?
5. What does Snow say about Kelvin's arrival?
Short Essay Questions
1. Was Gibarian dead when Snow found him?
2. Explain the term "no appreciable relation to reality" as the president of the committee uses it to describe Berton's report.
3. Why is Kelvin surprised by his greeting when he approaches the research station?
4. What aspect of clothing does Rheya have in common with the apparition Kelvin saw enter Gibarian's room?
5. Describe the person Kelvin is shocked to see go into Gibarian's room.
6. What is Gibarian's reaction to the eerie sound of footsteps echoing through the station?
7. Describe Snow.
8. Describe the change in light between a red-sun day and a blue-sun day on Solaris.
9. What does Snow say that mankind is seeking in outer space?
10. How does Kelvin periodically check to reassure himself that the research station's air circulatory system is working?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)