|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snow give to Kelvin?
(a) a suicide note from Rheya
(b) a piece of Rheya's dress
(c) a tape recording from Rheya
(d) a piece of jewelry from Rheya
2. What does Snow say that Sartorius is planning to cure?
3. What does Kelvin want to do after he realizes Rheya is truly gone?
(a) kill Sartorius
(b) destroy Solaris
(c) kill himself
(d) destroy the research station
4. What do mimoids duplicate?
(a) distant objects in space
(b) nearby innanimate objects
(c) living creatures
(d) other Solarian forms
5. What new theory does Kelvin say Snow has created about Solaris?
(a) that Solaris is unconscious
(b) that Solaris is mad
(c) that Solaris is a child
(d) that Solaris is a mother
6. What does Snow offer to give Kelvin?
(a) a puzzle to solve
(b) some work cleaning the station
(c) some work constructing a computer
(d) some calculations to do
7. What third person does Kelvin think about during the brainwave recording?
(a) his mother
(b) his father
(c) his sister
(d) his brother
8. What does Kelvin tell Rheya about the success of the upcoming experiment?
(a) He says it's almost certain to work.
(b) He says it is futile and will not work.
(c) He says he's worried it might work.
(d) He says he's sabotaged it so that it won't work.
9. What does the voice warn Kelvin about, in his dream?
(a) The other scientists plotting to kill him.
(b) The other scientists locking him up.
(c) The other scientists building a machine.
(d) The other scientists leaving the station.
10. What does Kelvin say when Rheya asks if he would marry, if she were gone?
(a) He says he would probably marry.
(b) He says he might marry, but not soon.
(c) He says he doesn't know.
(d) He says he would never marry.
11. What does Snow say is the result of Sartorius' experiment?
(a) a dangerous void
(b) prolonged dying
(c) death for the wrong one
(d) an unstable field
12. What does Kelvin say he wants to do?
(a) leave the station alone
(b) travel down to Solaris's surface
(c) leave the station with Rheya
(d) complete the experiment with Sartorius
13. What makes Rheya nervous about Snow?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He twitches all the time.
(c) He looks at her strangely.
(d) He does not want to touch her.
14. What does Rheya give Kelvin before he goes to sleep after he asks what she's doing in the night?
(a) potent wine
(b) strangely colored water
(c) chalky seeming milk
(d) bitter-tasting juice
15. What does Sartorius ask Kelvin to think about during the electroencephalogram?
(a) images from his childhood
(b) his innermost conflicts
(c) a wish to make the visitors disappear
(d) mankind's rich scientific history
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snow say that Kelvin is doing, which Gibarian also did?
2. Whose voice does Kelvin hear in his sleep?
3. What does Kelvin tell Rheya when she asks if she looks like the first Rheya.
4. What does Kelvin suddenly decide to do?
5. What do Snow and Kelvin send to Earth?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)