|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the matter with Rheya's clothes?
(a) They have no zipper or buttons.
(b) They seem grown onto her skin.
(c) They don't fit correctly.
(d) The cloth is supernaturally strong.
2. When does Sartorius plan on joining Snow and Kelvin?
(b) in an hour
(c) the next day
(d) after dark
3. What is Kelvin looking at when he suddenly, intensely feels he's being watched?
(a) a plan of the research station
(b) a model of a form created by Solaris's ocean
(c) a map of Solaris
(d) a photograph of the binary suns
4. What is the name of the space ship Kelvin takes from Earth to Solaris?
5. What does Rheya's blood look like to Kelvin at a subatomic level?
(a) The subatomic structures are irregular.
(b) The subatomic structures are too precise.
(c) Kelvin cannot see anything at the subatomic level.
(d) It looks normal.
6. What is the condition of the research station when Kelvin arrives?
(a) The station is disorderly and dirty.
(b) The station is completely empty and unsupplied.
(c) The station is crawling with bugs.
(d) The station is without power and breaking down.
7. What happens when Kelvin goes into the restroom?
(a) Rheya breaks through the wall.
(b) Rheya disappears.
(c) Rheya begins sobbing.
(d) Rheya attacks the door.
8. What did the biologists at first consider Solaris' ocean?
(a) a disembodied neural system
(b) an advanced life form
(c) a prebiological cell
9. What does Kelvin think of Berton's account?
(a) He thinks Berton is a trustworthy witness.
(b) He thinks Berton's brain is affected by Solaris.
(c) He thinks Berton is mistaken.
(d) He thinks Berton is a liar.
10. When do the visitors usually come?
(a) when the station is facing the north
(b) when the red sun is high
(c) while the scientists are sleeping
(d) while the blue sun is rising
11. How long does Kelvin tell Rheya they will stay on the station?
(a) about a month
(b) a long time
(c) a few days
12. What does Kelvin find in his pocket?
(a) a note from Gibarian
(b) a ring he once gave to Rheya
(c) the key to his aparment on Earth
(d) a crushed cigarette
13. What does Snow say about Gibarian's mental condition?
(a) Gibarian never thought he was mad.
(b) Gibarian knew he'd lost his mind.
(c) Gibarian completely lost touch with reality.
(d) Gibarian was constantly uncertain about his sanity.
14. When Kelvin wakes, what is Rheya doing?
(a) cooling his forehead with damp cloths
(b) sitting at the end of the bed, staring at him
(c) searching through the closet
(d) pacing back and forth around the room
15. What does Kelvin do after he showers and changes?
(a) He goes to look for Sartorius.
(b) He reads.
(c) He goes to look for Snow.
(d) He takes a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sun sets after Kelvin has showed and changed?
2. What does Snow have on his hands?
3. What does Kelvin propose that the visitors are made of?
4. Where does Snow say that Sartorius is?
5. What does Rheya remember about the time while Kelvin was in the bathroom?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)