|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Old Mimoid.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kelvin plan to test his own sanity?
(a) by having a computer perform psychological tests
(b) by hypnotizing himself
(c) by comparing his mathematical results to a computer's
(d) by having Snow perform a full brain scan
2. What is the matter with Rheya's clothes?
(a) They don't fit correctly.
(b) They have no zipper or buttons.
(c) The cloth is supernaturally strong.
(d) They seem grown onto her skin.
3. What is the common perception of Solaris during the first period of Solarist study that Gravinsky identifies?
(a) that the ocean is alien to the galaxy
(b) that the ocean is a complex biological creature
(c) that the ocean is completely inanimate
(d) that the ocean is a lifeless chemical form
4. What does Rheya think might help her stay out of Kelvin's sight?
(a) having a picture of him
(b) being hypnotized
(c) being unconscious
(d) hearing his voice
5. What odd action does Kelvin notice Snow is performing?
(a) holding his hand inside a slightly ajar door
(b) standing only on one foot
(c) holding his hand deep inside his jacket
(d) leaning carefully against a slightly ajar door
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take for spacecraft to visit Solaris after its discovery?
2. What will the next Rheya remember about the first visit?
3. Who is the first person Kelvin meets on the research station?
4. Where does Kelvin go after the experiment?
5. What is Kelvin's mood following the experiment?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)