|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, The Old Mimoid.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the common perception of Solaris during the first period of Solarist study that Gravinsky identifies?
(a) that the ocean is alien to the galaxy
(b) that the ocean is a complex biological creature
(c) that the ocean is a lifeless chemical form
(d) that the ocean is completely inanimate
2. How does Kelvin explain the gaps in Rheya's memory to her?
(a) He says she's not who she thinks she is.
(b) He doesn't explain.
(c) He says she's had a concussion.
(d) He says she's been sick.
3. Where is Gibarian?
(b) in the ocean
(c) on a shuttlepod
(d) locked in a lab
4. What does the ocean do when it laps up against humans?
(a) It avoids contact with human forms.
(b) It begins to meld with human forms.
(c) It sticks to human forms.
(d) It engulfs human bodies.
5. What does Kelvin do when he hears someone coming down the hall while he's in Gibarian's room?
(a) He leaves his room by a second exit.
(b) He goes outside to see who is there.
(c) He calls out to ask who's out there.
(d) He holds the door handle so it can't be opened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kelvin do after he showers and changes?
2. What strange formation does Berton first see in Solaris' ocean?
3. What does Snow say is the result of Sartorius' experiment?
4. What can symmetriads contain?
5. What does Snow have on his hands?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)