|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Solarists.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Solaris's orbit stable?
(a) its ocean
(b) its dual suns
(c) its sister planet
(d) its unique core
2. What is Kelvin looking at when he suddenly, intensely feels he's being watched?
(a) a model of a form created by Solaris's ocean
(b) a plan of the research station
(c) a photograph of the binary suns
(d) a map of Solaris
3. How does Kelvin recognize Snow?
(a) from news reports
(b) from meeting him on Earth
(c) by his voice
(d) from his photograph
4. What does Kelvin do after he showers and changes?
(a) He takes a nap.
(b) He goes to look for Snow.
(c) He goes to look for Sartorius.
(d) He reads.
5. Who led the first preliminary study of Solaris, one which did not land on the surface?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gibarian?
2. What does Snow warn Kelvin to do if he meets a stranger?
3. How long did it take for spacecraft to visit Solaris after its discovery?
4. What did the biologists at first consider Solaris' ocean?
5. What is the name of the space ship Kelvin takes from Earth to Solaris?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)