|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Helena and Maria finally end up during their driving adventure?
(a) On a boat in the ocean.
(b) At Maria's grandmother's rancheria.
(c) In a big city.
2. Which of Caridad's abilities has fully developed?
(a) Her cooking ability.
(b) Her ability to communicate with animals.
(c) Her ability to fall asleep anywhere.
(d) Her psychic ability.
3. Francisco has never really loved anyone except whom?
(b) His dead father.
(c) His godmother.
(d) A golden-haired woman.
4. Why does Felicia go outside to the trailer in the middle of the night?
(a) She sees a light.
(b) She has a dream.
(c) She hears footsteps.
(d) She hears people talking.
5. Why was Caridad's horse shot?
(a) She had a broken hoof.
(b) She had colic.
(c) They mistook her for a rabid fox.
(d) She charged at La Loca.
6. When Caridad returns home from the pilgrimage, what does she do when she cannot sleep?
(a) Writes letters.
(b) Cleans obsessively.
(c) Reads aloud to her horse.
7. How long does Caridad sleep after her horse dies?
(a) She doesn't sleep.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Eight hours.
8. Who ends up killing Caridad's horse?
(a) A sheriff's deputy.
(b) Caridad's boyfriend.
(c) A wild dog.
(d) La Loca.
9. Whose veins "run with the blood of the land"?
(a) Mary Magdalene's.
10. Why does Felicia rent out her trailer?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Caridad took all the money.
(c) She gambled her earnings away.
(d) She spends it on accessories.
11. Francisco has no religious powers except when?
(a) He awakes in the middle of the night.
(b) He is building a statue of a saint.
(c) He is taking a bath.
(d) The period between Christmas and New Year's.
12. When was the last time Felicia fired her gun?
(d) She has never used it.
13. Why isn't Caridad taken immediately back to her family?
(a) Francisco El Penitente is unable to carry her.
(b) She asks to be left where she is.
(c) She is naked.
(d) She protests and violently injures those around her.
14. Where are Helena and Maria going when they take their road trip?
(b) New York City.
(c) New Mexico.
15. To whom does Felicia choose to rent the trailer?
(a) An old woman.
(c) Don Domingo.
(d) A young pregnant couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Maria to "hit the deck"?
2. Which three places does La Loca say she has been?
3. Where does Caridad find the woman after she leaves the well?
4. Where are Helena and Maria from?
5. Who knows about Caridad's attack?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)