|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is a tarot reader and "pseudo-poet"?
(d) La Loca.
2. Where are Helena and Maria going when they take their road trip?
(b) New Mexico.
(c) New York City.
3. How many daughters does Sofi have?
4. Who told Francisco that "God writes straight in crooked letters"?
(a) His cat.
(b) An angel in a dream.
(c) His third-grade teacher.
(d) His mother.
5. What did Felicia do during World War II?
(a) She was sick in the hospital.
(b) She stayed in Mexico.
(c) She wrote a book.
(d) She was a nurse.
6. What sort of shop does Sofi run?
(a) A wine and beer shop.
(b) An antiques store.
(c) A butcher shop.
(d) A cheese shop.
7. Whose ancestral land is in New Mexico?
(c) No one's.
8. How long after their daughter's baptism did Domingo leave his family?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) One day.
(d) A year and a half.
9. When Domingo returns, what do he and Sofi talk about?
(a) Their divorce.
(b) The children.
(c) Household matters.
10. Whose brother works in "the Narc capital of the United States"?
(b) La Loca's.
(c) Don Domingo's.
11. What are the brushes used to paint the bulto made of?
(a) Horsehair or yucca.
(b) Women's hair.
12. Who raised Francisco until he was old enough to help with the farm?
(b) His aunt.
(c) La Loca.
13. Who does Caridad marry?
(a) A man twice her age.
(b) She doesn't ever marry.
(c) Someone she dated in college.
(d) Her high school sweetheart.
14. Who does Caridad fall in love with on Good Friday?
(a) A woman wearing sunglasses.
(c) Don Domingo.
15. How did Felicia's mother die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fe destined to marry?
2. How did Felicia's second husband die?
3. To where are Helena and Maria chased?
4. What did the tenants take with them when they left?
5. Which of the following was not one of Don Domingo's compulsions?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)