|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A natural aristocracy is based on government by which of the following?
2. The author believes that warm countries need which of the following in fewer numbers?
3. According to the author, any expression of dissent must be which of the following?
4. The law committing the state to the social contract requires what type of vote?
5. Those votes influenced by the will of a despot are not which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, when is it ideal that certain positions be decided by vote?
2. According to the author, what is the sign of a good government?
3. What are the two parts of instituting government?
4. What is the best way for the Sovereign Will to be understood?
5. What does the author suggest is the relationship between the Christian faith and the sovereign?
6. What does the author acknowledge as a generality about the behavior of warm countries?
7. Once established, why should government never be altered?
8. What prevents abuses of power in government?
9. What is one of the three conditions that must be in place for a democracy not to be unwieldy and inefficient?
10. What does the author suggest that the religion of the state should be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is it necessary for the laws of the state to be adaptable to the changing needs of its citizens? Cite specific examples from the book, including historical ones, to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the author, what is a government and what are the different aspects of a government?
Essay Topic 3
According to the author, what are the causes and effects of violence? Cite three examples from the book to support your answer.
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)