|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that there is too much reverence for which of the following in many states?
(c) Old laws.
(d) Old rulers.
2. The author believes that warm countries need which of the following in fewer numbers?
3. Which of the following terms best describes all assemblies by the people that fall outside the two types of assemblies that the author describes?
4. Which ancient civilization's voting practices does the author examine in Chapter 3, Book 4?
5. How does the author believes that certain positions that require particular skills and experience should be decided?
(a) By appointment.
(b) By inheritance.
(c) By lot.
(d) By vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does the author think should be established to prevent the abuse of power?
2. Instituting a government consists of establishing laws and which of the following?
3. In Book 4, from which of the following perspectives does the author argue?
4. According to the author, the result of Christian belief and perceptions of those beliefs in early times, resulted in which of the following?
5. Which of the following forms of government is most suitable to small states?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the author, focus upon which aspect of their life by individuals results in their loss of freedom?
2. What prevents abuses of power in government?
3. Once established, why should government never be altered?
4. What is the best way for the Sovereign Will to be understood?
5. According to the author, when is it ideal that certain positions be decided by vote?
6. What is the purpose of the tribunes?
7. What does monotheism mean?
8. What does a censor do?
9. What does the author suggest that the religion of the state should be?
10. What does the author state the government in Ancient Rome to be based on its high degree of closeness to natural order?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)