|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the more bureaucracy that there is, the more that the government will be dominated by which type of will?
(a) General will.
(b) Sovereign Will.
(c) Political will.
(d) Private will.
2. The discussion that the author has about population would be described today using which of the following terms?
(a) Population growth.
(b) Population maximization.
(c) Population density.
(d) Population change.
3. The author states that there will be three wills operating within the Magistrate. Which of the following does the author think will naturally be the strongest?
(a) Community will.
(b) Individual will.
(c) Sovereign Will.
(d) Will of the people.
4. Which of the following does the author suggest to be the best time for a state to be established?
(a) In the middle of prosperity.
(b) During a time of relative peace.
(c) At the beginning of war.
(d) At the time that violence comes to an end.
5. How rare does the author think that individuals who possess the ideal traits of legislators are?
(a) Not rare.
(b) Extremely rare.
(c) Moderately rare.
(d) So rare that they do not exist.
6. The author believes that every individual has the responsibility to die in defense of which of the following?
(a) The particular will.
(b) The general will.
(c) The state.
(d) The community.
7. The author believes that all power comes from which of the following?
(d) Human nature.
8. The author compares authoritarian societies to which of the following social structures?
9. The author states that slavery is established and perpetuated by which of the following?
(d) A majority.
10. The author believes that the government does not have the right to lay greater responsibility on one person than another because the government then becomes which of the following?
11. What type of community does the author envision in a seaside state?
(a) Populous community.
(b) Shipping community.
(c) Agricultural community.
(d) Industrial community.
12. The author suggests that which of the following types of law is the foundation for all other laws?
13. According to the author, violence is a poor means of maintaining which of the following?
(a) Social order.
(b) A government.
14. Which of the following types of law is the third type of law that governs a specific type of relationship within a state?
(a) Property law.
(b) Criminal law.
(c) Courtesy law.
(d) Hospitality law.
15. Which of the following is the name that the author gives to a state that is governed by enlightened laws solely for the public interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 12 of Book 2 might best be described as which of the following types of chapter?
2. The author believes that change is a fundamental aspect of which of the following, and cannot be stopped?
3. When men work together in the way that the author suggests, it produces what type of authority?
4. According to the author, the larger that a state is, the less influence which of the following will have?
5. Men can accomplish more if they band together and work toward which of the following?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)