|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author cite as an example of someone who attempted good reform, but did not know his people well enough to succeed?
(a) Ivan the Great.
(b) Nicholas the Great.
(c) Catherine the Great.
(d) Peter the Great.
2. The author states that slavery is established and perpetuated by which of the following?
(b) A majority.
3. The author insists that the system of advisers to a Prince, in a monarchy, will be which of the following?
(a) Full of friends.
(c) Full of experts.
4. The first type of laws govern the interaction between the state and which of the following?
(a) The community.
(b) The Sovereign.
(c) The world.
(d) The people.
5. The author believes that the law of government must develop, in tandem, with which of the following types of law?
(a) Scientific law.
(b) Physical law.
(c) Natural law.
(d) Legal law.
Short Answer Questions
1. The social contract equalizes all men in which of the following?
2. The author believes that sparsely populated areas are those that provide potential for which of the following?
3. What form of government does the author think is the worst type?
4. According to the author, the ideal legislator is objective, intelligent, and which of the following?
5. On which of the following factors does the author believe that men have no effect?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)