|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If the natural circumstances are not taken into account by the legislator, what type of status will the state be in?
2. The Sovereign Will is the expression of desired action to meet which of the following?
(a) The needs of the government.
(b) The needs of the community.
(c) The needs of the citizens.
(d) The needs of the state.
3. The will of all is a conglomeration of which of the following?
(a) Private charities.
(b) Private needs.
(c) Private companies.
(d) Private interests.
4. How many states does the author believe have been established within the guidelines that he gives in Book 2?
(b) A lot.
(c) A few.
5. The author believes that men are not naturally which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the author summarizes his theme that which of the following is necessary for law and government?
2. The author believes that a human's most basic instinct is the will to do which of the following?
3. Which ancient civilization's voting practices does the author examine in Chapter 3, Book 4?
4. In order to make a democracy efficient, there must be a set of rules governing which of the following?
5. Which of the following offices does the author believe should be chosen by lot or chance, since those methods are closer to the laws of nature?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)