|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government should be abolished if it no longer does which of the following?
(a) Serves the people.
(b) Serves the children.
(c) Serves the state.
(d) Serves the commons.
2. How many rules does the author have to govern the interpretation of votes?
3. Which of the following refers to an imposition of an unnatural authority that is contrary to human nature?
4. When the author writes of a sovereign within the social contract, he refers to which of the following?
(a) The single ruler.
(b) The person in leadership of the group.
(c) The collective authority.
(d) The outward will of the group.
5. Which of the following does the author suggest to be the best time for a state to be established?
(a) At the time that violence comes to an end.
(b) In the middle of prosperity.
(c) During a time of relative peace.
(d) At the beginning of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. The term, magistrate, is used interchangeably with which of the following titles?
2. In a monarchy, the individual in power represents which of the following?
3. According to the author, which of the following is the sign of a good government?
4. The Sovereign Will is the expression of desired action to meet which of the following?
5. As long as people create and define their government according to the Sovereign Will, the nation will do which of the following?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)