|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The state is supposed to enact laws that protect personal property from which of the following?
(a) Being taken by law.
(b) Being taken by others.
(c) Being taken.
(d) Being taken by force.
2. By being part of the social contract, man does which of the following?
(a) Becomes a slave to others.
(b) Gains property rights.
(c) Becomes master of himself.
(d) Gains friendships.
3. When the author states that inspiration for lawmakers must come from God, whom of the following does he cite as examples?
(a) Lawmakers in Ancient Greece.
(b) Lawmakers in the Jewish religion.
(c) Lawmakers in Egypt.
(d) Lawmakers in India.
4. When the author refers to "associations" formed in the community that must be kept equal, which of the following does he mean?
(a) Religious groups.
(b) Political parties.
(d) Sporting teams.
5. Which of the following does the author suggest to be the best time for a state to be established?
(a) At the time that violence comes to an end.
(b) At the beginning of war.
(c) During a time of relative peace.
(d) In the middle of prosperity.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes he is a citizen of which of the following?
2. The author believes that the law of government must develop, in tandem, with which of the following types of law?
3. Which of the following is destroyed if the government does not reflect the Sovereign Will?
4. The private will is inclined to which of the following?
5. The author believes that when citizens become enlightened they have to seize which of the following for themselves?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)