|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms refers to a generalized rule, way of communicating, or way of conducting affairs?
2. The private will is inclined to which of the following?
3. When the author writes of a sovereign within the social contract, he refers to which of the following?
(a) The collective authority.
(b) The person in leadership of the group.
(c) The single ruler.
(d) The outward will of the group.
4. The author believes that a human's most basic instinct is the will to do which of the following?
(c) Have power.
5. According to the author, war originates from the relationship between which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. The term, patriarchal refers to which of the following being dominant?
2. Which of the following best describes Grotius?
3. According to the author, the state does not have a right to take the life of an individual who threatens which of the following?
4. According to the author, people who live under a tyrant or despot, yet find their lives peaceful, are experiencing which of the following types of slavery?
5. The author believes that when citizens become enlightened they have to seize which of the following for themselves?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)