|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men can accomplish more if they band together and work toward which of the following?
(a) The desire of the powerful.
(b) The common good.
(c) The desire of the majority.
(d) The good of the poorest.
2. According to the author, which of the following does the state have a right to do to people who threaten the state?
3. According to the author, the ideal legislator is objective, intelligent, and which of the following?
4. The author believes that force does not constitute which of the following?
5. According to the author, the state does not have a right to take the life of an individual who threatens which of the following?
(a) National defense.
(c) Ideas and technology.
(d) Other individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following does man give up in the social contract?
2. The author states that a social contract in a bad government does which of the following?
3. Which of the following best describes Grotius?
4. The author believes that a legislator must not have which of the following over other men?
5. The social contract equalizes all men in which of the following?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)