|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, the state does not have a right to take the life of an individual who threatens which of the following?
(a) National defense.
(b) Other individuals.
(d) Ideas and technology.
2. The will of all is a conglomeration of which of the following?
(a) Private needs.
(b) Private companies.
(c) Private charities.
(d) Private interests.
3. According to the author, war originates from the relationship between which of the following?
4. According to the author, no man has any natural authority over which of the following?
(a) His fellows.
(b) His family.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His state.
5. The author compares authoritarian societies to which of the following social structures?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Grotius?
2. When men work together in the way that the author suggests, it produces what type of authority?
3. According to the author, which of the following contributes toward obedience having less value?
4. Men can accomplish more if they band together and work toward which of the following?
5. The author believes that a human's most basic instinct is the will to do which of the following?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)