|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name that the author gives to a state that is governed by enlightened laws solely for the public interest?
2. The private will is inclined to which of the following?
3. How rare does the author think that individuals who possess the ideal traits of legislators are?
(a) Extremely rare.
(b) Moderately rare.
(c) Not rare.
(d) So rare that they do not exist.
4. Which of the following refers to an imposition of an unnatural authority that is contrary to human nature?
5. By which of the following terms does the author state that the power of deciding for the whole of the body can only be established?
(b) Proper ordering.
(c) Veiled proceedings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that Grotius formed his theories with the sole aim of flattering and ingratiating himself with whom of the following?
2. The right of which of the following terms in the first degree refers to private property rights under the state?
3. The general will is always which of the following?
4. The author believes that all power comes from which of the following?
5. The author compares authoritarian societies to which of the following social structures?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)