|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lily teach Snow Flower when she is visiting Lily's home in "Love"?
2. Who is Lily?
3. Why does Lily think she and Snow Flower are in danger after Beautiful Moon dies?
4. What does Lily think will make her more marriageable?
5. How old is Elder Sister when Madame Gao comes to visit for the first time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way does Snow Flower reassure Lily about her impending wedding and marriage?
2. What happens when Beautiful Moon gets stung by a bee?
3. Describe the moment when Lily knows that Snow Flower loves her when they are in the women's chamber.
4. What does Lily think about when she sees her sitting chair?
5. At the beginning of the novel, what does Lily say interests her now?
6. Why does Lily feel betrayed by her mother?
7. How does Lily help Snow Flower as she prepares to marry?
8. Why is the fan important to Snow Flower and Lily?
9. Is Elder Sister happy after she is married?
10. What is Snow Flower's father's condition?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does nu shu represent in Lily's life? Discuss its uses and the way it broadens Lily's world. How is writing a way for her voice to be heard?
Essay Topic 2
Lily says that all the problems in her life were caused because she was looking for love. Discuss the problems that Lily created because of her need for love.
Essay Topic 3
What kind of man is Lily's husband? Do they seem to have a happy marriage? Why or why not? Provide three examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)