|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrives in Tongkou in the hot summer months after the Emperor dies?
(a) Chicken pox.
2. What happens when Snow Flower asks her husband where he has buried their second son?
(a) He bursts into tears.
(b) He goes to her and holds her gently.
(c) He leads her to the grave.
(d) He beats her and she miscarries.
3. What does Uncle Lu have on his face that he likes to play with?
(a) Mole hairs.
(c) Long eyebrow hair.
4. How does Lily react when Snow Flower is despondent because her husband beats her?
(a) By praying for her.
(b) With compassion.
(c) By listening and not giving advice.
(d) With impatience.
5. How does Lily describe her in-laws' home?
(b) Made of wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Snow Flower teach her sworn sisters?
2. What do Snow Flower and Lily have to do for Snow Flower's children when they take a rest from walking up the mountain?
3. What does Lotus deliver to Lily from Snow Flower during the Midi-Autumn Festival?
4. What does Lily say about Snow Flower's voice when she chants the Yao story?
5. What did Lily's mother-in-law teach her about a wife's duty to obey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lily's son.
2. What did Lily's husband do when the battles came to Tongkou?
3. How does Lily try to comfort Snow Flower after the miscarriage of her daughter?
4. Describe why Lily lets her son leave the upstairs chamber.
5. Describe the Letter of Vituperation.
6. How does Lily care for her mother-in-law when she becomes sick with typhoid?
7. What do the sworn sisters tell Lily about Snow Flower?
8. Are Snow Flower and Lily's husbands supportive of their laotong friendship after the rebellion?
9. Is Snow Flower welcomed in Lily's new home?
10. What do Lily and Snow Flower do while at the Temple of Gupo when they become pregnant?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)