|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lily go in search of while in the mountains?
(a) Her brother and sister.
(b) Madame Wang.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Snow Flower's son.
2. Who does Lily say is the most important person she must build a relationship with in her married life?
(b) Husband's sister.
3. Where does Lily go at the beginning of "Into the Mountains"?
(a) Elder brother's home.
(b) Snow Flower's home.
(c) Natal home.
(d) Madame Wang's home.
4. What would Snow Flower's husband do if Snow Flower went to live with Lily?
(a) Wish her well.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Ask her to come home.
(d) Feel sad, but then get over it.
5. How much longer does Snow Flower have before she dies after Lily comes to stay with her?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Twenty-two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Snow Flower teach her sworn sisters?
2. What does the doctor that Lily summoned say about Snow Flower's prognosis?
3. How long does it take Lily's feet to heal in the mountains?
4. What does Lily call her mother when she returns home after Snow Flower's marriage?
5. How old is Lily when she has her first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lily and her mother fight about when Lily returns home after Snow Flower's marriage?
2. Does Lily miss her husband?
3. What is Snow Flower's message on the fan that Lotus delivers to Lily during the Mid-Autumn Festival?
4. Describe why Lily lets her son leave the upstairs chamber.
5. What food restrictions did Lily have when she was pregnant?
6. Describe Lily's reunion with her husband after she comes down from the mountain.
7. How does Lily try to help Snow Flower on her deathbed?
8. Describe Snow Flower and Lily's complaints about their mothers-in-law.
9. Why does Lily want to wait for her husband when the Taipings arrive in Snow Flower's village?
10. How does Snow Flower's husband react when their second son dies from the cold?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)