|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal spirit do Lily and Snow Flower share?
2. What does Snow Flower make for breakfast when she is visiting Lily's family?
(a) Pork and pumpkin seeds.
(b) Cakes and tea.
(c) Eggs and bacon.
3. What is Snow Flower's father addicted to?
4. Who teaches Lily nu shu?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Elder Sister.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Madame Wang.
5. How old are Lily and Snow Flower when they have their hair pinned up for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the girls fed to soften their bones?
2. Who is Snow Flower marrying?
3. How old is Lily when she hears her mother ask Madame Wang why Lily is never invited to Snow Flower's home?
4. What does Lily think will make her more marriageable?
5. How does Lily's mother treat her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the fan important to Snow Flower and Lily?
2. What story does Aunt tell the girls about nu shu?
3. Describe Lily's childhood home.
4. What happens when Lily's mother tries to bind Third Sister's feet?
5. What does Madame Wang suggest is the reason Lily is not invited to Snow Flower's home?
6. What does Madame Wang suggest about Lily having a laotong?
7. What does Madame Wang say about Lily's feet?
8. Is Lily shocked when she visits Snow Flower's home?
9. What happens when Beautiful Moon gets stung by a bee?
10. Describe the diviner's visit to Lily's home when she was five.
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)