|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snow Flower ask Madame Wang to give Lily?
(d) Silk fan.
2. What animal spirit do Lily and Snow Flower share?
3. What occupation did Snow Flower's great-grandfather have?
4. What does Lily confuse Snow Flower's mother with when she first meets her?
(a) Snow Flower's twin.
(b) A servant.
(d) Elder sister.
5. What is Lily's title at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Elder Stateswoman.
(b) Wise Woman.
(c) Widow Lily.
(d) One Who Has Not Yet Died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Snow Flower call Madame Wang?
2. How does Snow Flower get through the footbinding process?
3. What does Lily help Snow Flower do after she learns of her family's misfortune?
4. Who is Lily?
5. What does Third Sister die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the moment when Lily knows that Snow Flower loves her when they are in the women's chamber.
2. What does Madame Wang say about Lily's feet?
3. In what way does Snow Flower reassure Lily about her impending wedding and marriage?
4. At the beginning of the novel, what does Lily say interests her now?
5. Does Lily accept Snow Flower's invitation to be her laotong?
6. What is Snow Flower's father's condition?
7. How does Snow Flower describe Lily's in-laws?
8. Is Lily worried about the note Snow Flower sends with the fan when Lily leaves her home for her wedding?
9. Why does Lily feel betrayed by her mother?
10. What does Lily think of her new husband?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)