|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal spirit do Lily and Snow Flower share?
2. What is sold at the fair booth that Snow Flower tells Lily about when they go to the Temple of Gupo?
(d) Chili pepper.
3. How long is the mourning period for Lily's grandmother and sister?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
4. Who is so unsteady on her feet that she has to use a cane?
(a) Lily's aunt.
(b) Lily's mother.
(c) Elder Sister.
(d) Lily's brother.
5. Why does Lily think she and Snow Flower are in danger after Beautiful Moon dies?
(a) Uncle throws heavy objects at them.
(b) Mother chases them.
(c) Because Aunt moans at night.
(d) Aunt threatens them with a knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lily help with the outdoor chores when she is five?
2. What does Diviner Hu announce to the family about Lily?
3. What does Lily teach Snow Flower when she is visiting Lily's home in "Love"?
4. What does Snow Flower make for breakfast when she is visiting Lily's family?
5. What did Lily's father receive from the groom's family that made him one of the richest men in the village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lily remember about being five and wading in the river?
2. Why are Lily, Beautiful Moon, and Snow Flower allowed outside during the hot month of the Catching Cool Breezes Festival?
3. Describe the diviner's visit to Lily's home when she was five.
4. What does Lily think of her new husband?
5. Why does Lily feel betrayed by her mother?
6. Describe Snow Flower's personality.
7. Is Lily shocked when she visits Snow Flower's home?
8. What does Lily learn about when she goes with Snow Flower and Madame Wang to the fair at the Temple of Gupo?
9. How does Lily help Snow Flower as she prepares to marry?
10. Describe Lily's childhood home.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)