|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the ideal length of a bound foot for a girl?
(a) Fifteen centimeters.
(b) Twenty-five centimeters.
(c) Twenty centimeters.
(d) Seven centimeters.
2. Why do Lily's father and uncle make for her, Beautiful Moon, and Snow Flower during the hot month?
(a) Canopy outside.
(b) Ceiling fan.
(c) Another window.
(d) Bamboo fans.
3. What animal spirit do Lily and Snow Flower share?
4. What does Lily make on the morning of her second day at her in-laws' house?
(a) Breakfast cakes.
(c) Scrambled eggs.
5. What does Lily add to her fan after she and Snow Flower visit Beautiful Moon's grave site?
(a) Crescent-shaped moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Elder Sister when Madame Gao comes to visit for the first time?
2. What does Beautiful Moon have an allergic reaction to?
3. Who does Snow Flower say saved her family?
4. What did Lily's father receive from the groom's family that made him one of the richest men in the village?
5. What book does Snow Flower use to teach Lily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Snow Flower's father's condition?
2. In what way does Snow Flower reassure Lily about her impending wedding and marriage?
3. What does Madame Wang say about Lily's feet?
4. What story does Aunt tell the girls about nu shu?
5. What happens when Beautiful Moon gets stung by a bee?
6. What does Lily remember about being five and wading in the river?
7. Describe the moment when Lily knows that Snow Flower loves her when they are in the women's chamber.
8. Is Elder Sister happy after she is married?
9. At the beginning of the novel, what does Lily say interests her now?
10. What does having a laotong relationship with Snow Flower mean to Lily's family?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)