|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do women in pairs look for in the woods to make soup for Snow Flower?
(b) Bark, weeds, and roots.
2. What is Lily's eldest son studying to be in "Into the Clouds"?
3. What did Snow Flower teach her sworn sisters?
(a) Nu shu.
(b) How to recut a dowry.
(d) Household chores.
4. What does Lily see outside the palanquin window as she travels between her natal and husband's home in "Temple of Gupo"?
(a) A lake.
(b) Fields of sunflowers.
(c) Rice fields and taro crop.
(d) The ocean.
5. What did Lily's mother-in-law teach her about a wife's duty to obey?
(a) Obey, obey, obey, then do what you want.
(b) Obey at all costs.
(c) Speak quietly and serve well.
(d) Follow your husband's example.
6. What does Lily say about Snow Flower's voice when she chants the Yao story?
(b) Clear and beatiful.
(c) Too loud.
(d) Just a whispher.
7. How does Snow Flower's husband help the refugees in the mountains?
(a) He was their guardian and champion.
(b) He cooks them food.
(c) He teaches them to sing.
(d) He gives them clothing.
8. What does Lily teach Peony?
(a) How to haul water.
(c) Nu shu.
(d) How to make congee.
9. What does Snow Flower's first born son look like?
10. What does Snow Flower's husband say when his mother suggests they should not give food to Lily?
(a) He says he will feed Lily less than the others.
(b) To stop being selfish.
(c) He agrees with her.
(d) If he brings her back alive, there may be a reward.
11. What does the doctor that Lily summoned say about Snow Flower's prognosis?
(a) Some hope if she takes care of herself.
(b) Fasting will help.
(c) He can't be sure.
(d) No hope.
12. What kind of animal personality does Lily say Snow Flower's mother-in-law has?
13. Where do Lily and Snow Flower continue to meet after the rebellion?
(a) At the local market.
(b) At the local tea shop.
(c) At festivals in Puwei.
(d) At Lily's home in Tongkou.
14. What does Snow Flower say about her husband's family in "Sons"?
(a) They are kind toward her.
(b) They love to tell stories.
(c) They do not like fun.
(d) They do not make her work.
15. What do Snow Flower and Lily have to do for Snow Flower's children when they take a rest from walking up the mountain?
(a) Read a book to them.
(b) Fan them to cool them off.
(c) Gather berries for them to eat.
(d) Rub their hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lily when she has her first child?
2. What taboo do Lily and Snow Flower break?
3. What does Uncle Lu have on his face that he likes to play with?
4. Why does Lily's aunt avoid her during her pregnancy?
5. What does Lily teach Snow Flower's eldest son in the mountains?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)