|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snow Flower make for breakfast when she is visiting Lily's family?
(a) Cakes and tea.
(b) Eggs and bacon.
(d) Pork and pumpkin seeds.
2. What does Diviner Hu announce to the family about Lily?
(a) She is too happy.
(b) She will make nice quilts.
(c) She should learn to write French poems.
(d) She is not an ordinary child.
3. Why does Lily think she and Snow Flower are in danger after Beautiful Moon dies?
(a) Aunt threatens them with a knife.
(b) Uncle throws heavy objects at them.
(c) Because Aunt moans at night.
(d) Mother chases them.
4. What does Madame Wang tell Snow Flower to do for Beautiful Moon after she has died?
(a) Retrieve her future husband.
(b) Wrap her in muslin.
(c) Recite poems.
(d) Leave for her own home.
5. What is Snow Flower's dowry made from?
(a) Her mother's dowry.
(b) Lily's old clothes.
(c) Fine cotton from her new family.
(d) New silk cloth.
6. What does Beautiful Moon have an allergic reaction to?
(b) Bee sting.
(d) Peanut butter.
7. Who is Lily?
(a) Mother to Snow Flower.
8. What do the Lus send to Lily's family on the second day of her marriage?
(b) Pork and sweet cakes.
9. What does Snow Flower call Madame Wang?
(d) Kind One.
10. What is sold at the fair booth that Snow Flower tells Lily about when they go to the Temple of Gupo?
(c) Chili pepper.
11. What are the girls fed to soften their bones?
(a) Red-bean dumplings.
12. What does Lily make on the morning of her second day at her in-laws' house?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) Breakfast cakes.
13. What do the eggs and rice represent that Lily's family sends to the grooms' families?
14. How long must Lily wait to walk down the stairs after her feet are bound?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
15. Whose father takes the pipe too often?
(a) Snow Flower's.
(c) Elder Sister's.
(d) Beautiful Moon's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family does Madame Wang arrange for Lily to be married into?
2. What does Lily paint on the fan after she has read third-day books for Snow Flower?
3. What does Lily find when she enters Snow Flower's house for the first time?
4. Who does Snow Flower say saved her family?
5. What does Snow Flower write to Lily about before they meet?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)