|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are third-day wedding books?
(a) Photograph book of the wedding celebration.
(b) Guide that is given to the bridal couple.
(c) Books for the bride made by family and friends.
(d) Recycled bridal magazines.
2. What does Elder Sister say about her mother-in-law?
(a) She is generous.
(b) She is loving.
(c) She sings to her.
(d) She is abusive.
3. What pattern is embroidered on Lily's green silk jacket that she wears to visit Snow Flower in "Truth"?
4. Why does Lily think she and Snow Flower are in danger after Beautiful Moon dies?
(a) Mother chases them.
(b) Uncle throws heavy objects at them.
(c) Aunt threatens them with a knife.
(d) Because Aunt moans at night.
5. What does Lily find when she enters Snow Flower's house for the first time?
(a) A happy home.
(b) It is too warm.
(c) A bad smell.
(d) Beautiful furniture.
6. What does Lily paint on the fan after she has read third-day books for Snow Flower?
(b) Two pheonixes rising.
(d) Wilted flower with tears.
7. What book does Snow Flower use to teach Lily?
(a) Literary Symbols and Their Meaning.
(b) The Domestic Arts.
(c) Nu Shu for Beginners.
(d) The Women's Classic.
8. Where did Lily spend her childhood?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. How old is Lily when she hears her mother ask Madame Wang why Lily is never invited to Snow Flower's home?
10. What is Snow Flower concerned about when Lily meets her family?
(a) That Lily will not like her father.
(b) They might not understand the different dialects.
(c) That her parents will not like Lily.
(d) That she will be disappointed.
11. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(c) As if she is of no consequence.
(d) With great honor.
12. What is Snow Flower's dowry made from?
(a) New silk cloth.
(b) Lily's old clothes.
(c) Her mother's dowry.
(d) Fine cotton from her new family.
13. What do the Lus send to Lily's family on the second day of her marriage?
(a) Pork and sweet cakes.
14. Who is never allowed inside Lily's family home again after talking negatively about Snow Flower's family?
(a) Mr. Lu.
(b) Madame Wang.
(c) Madame Gao.
(d) Mr. Wang.
15. What does having their hair pinned up mean for Lily and Snow Flower?
(a) They will soon be married.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) They are ready to go to the festival.
(d) Their hair is too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diviner Hu announce to the family about Lily?
2. What is Snow Flower's father addicted to?
3. How old are Lily and Snow Flower when they have their hair pinned up for the first time?
4. What animal does Lily call her mother?
5. Who is so unsteady on her feet that she has to use a cane?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)