|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Snow Flower's father sell to pay his debts?
(a) Summer house.
(c) Oldest son.
2. What does Snow Flower do when Beautiful Moon has an allergic reaction?
(a) Tries to give her CPR.
(c) Goes to get Uncle and Baba.
3. How old is Lily when she has her feet bound?
4. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(a) With great honor.
(c) As if she is of no consequence.
5. What does Lily find when she enters Snow Flower's house for the first time?
(a) It is too warm.
(b) A bad smell.
(c) A happy home.
(d) Beautiful furniture.
6. What does Snow Flower ask Madame Wang to give Lily?
(b) Silk fan.
7. What does Elder Sister say about her mother-in-law?
(a) She is abusive.
(b) She is loving.
(c) She sings to her.
(d) She is generous.
8. How is Snow Flower dressed when Lily visits her home for the first time?
(a) Wearing red silk pants.
(b) A dress worthy of a rich woman.
(c) In a beautiful robe.
(d) Gray, padded, ill-fitting clothes.
9. What does Lily paint on the fan after she has read third-day books for Snow Flower?
(b) Two pheonixes rising.
(c) Wilted flower with tears.
10. What does Snow Flower teach Lily through her example when they are at the Temple of Gupo?
(a) How to run fast.
(b) Rules of etiquette.
(c) How to tell a joke.
(d) How to chew gum and blow bubbles.
11. What does Lily compare Snow Flower to when she stays with her family and amuses them in "Love"?
(a) An elegant swan.
(b) A dragonfly.
(c) A rare bird among chickens.
(d) A fish of golden colors.
12. What animal does Lily call her mother?
13. What does Diviner Hu announce to the family about Lily?
(a) She will make nice quilts.
(b) She is too happy.
(c) She should learn to write French poems.
(d) She is not an ordinary child.
14. What does Lily add to her fan after she and Snow Flower visit Beautiful Moon's grave site?
(a) Crescent-shaped moon.
15. What does Lily say was out of balance and needed to be put right when Beautiful Moon died?
(a) The steps to the garden.
(b) Yin and yang.
(c) Aunt's old rocking chair.
(d) The level of her bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is so unsteady on her feet that she has to use a cane?
2. What does Lily compare herself and Snow Flower with in "The Fan"?
3. Who acted cheerfully in Lily's childhood home?
4. How old is Elder Sister when Madame Gao comes to visit for the first time?
5. How will Lily's family change from a laotong relationship?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)