|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Regret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lily call her mother when she returns home after Snow Flower's marriage?
2. Why doesn't Lily invite Snow Flower to her son's one-month celebration?
(a) Her mother-in-law does not allow it.
(b) She lives too far away.
(c) Snow Flower said she would not come even if invited.
(d) Lily no longer cares for her.
3. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(a) With great honor.
(d) As if she is of no consequence.
4. What do Lily and Snow Flower agree on about the binding of their daughters' feet?
(a) To let the girls decide for themselves.
(b) To wait until they are seven.
(c) To give up the custom.
(d) To do it immediately.
5. What is Lily's title at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Elder Stateswoman.
(b) One Who Has Not Yet Died.
(c) Widow Lily.
(d) Wise Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Lily's husband give to Snow Flower's son?
2. What does Lily do to Snow Flower when she loses control of her emotions at the Sitting and Singing ceremony of her neighbor?
3. What does Snow Flower call Madame Wang?
4. What animal does Lily call her mother?
5. Who does Lily help with the outdoor chores when she is five?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)