|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joy and Sorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madame Wang tell Snow Flower to do for Beautiful Moon after she has died?
(a) Wrap her in muslin.
(b) Recite poems.
(c) Leave for her own home.
(d) Retrieve her future husband.
2. What are third-day wedding books?
(a) Photograph book of the wedding celebration.
(b) Books for the bride made by family and friends.
(c) Guide that is given to the bridal couple.
(d) Recycled bridal magazines.
3. What household task was Beautiful Moon good at?
(b) Caring for the animals.
(c) Making thread and yarn.
(d) Hauling water.
4. What is the upstairs room in Lily's childhood home used for?
(a) Carpentry room.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) Women and children.
5. Who is Madame Wang related to by birth?
(a) Snow Flower's mother.
(b) Lily's husband.
(c) Lily's mother-in-law.
(d) Snow Flower's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diviner Hu announce to the family about Lily?
2. What pattern is embroidered on Lily's green silk jacket that she wears to visit Snow Flower in "Truth"?
3. How old are Lily and Snow Flower when they have their hair pinned up for the first time?
4. Who acted cheerfully in Lily's childhood home?
5. What does Snow Flower ask Madame Wang to give Lily?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)