|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Joy and Sorrow.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are third-day wedding books?
(a) Recycled bridal magazines.
(b) Books for the bride made by family and friends.
(c) Guide that is given to the bridal couple.
(d) Photograph book of the wedding celebration.
2. What is the upstairs room in Lily's childhood home used for?
(a) Carpentry room.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Women and children.
3. What does Lily say her grandmother looked like to her when she was five?
(d) Dried plum.
4. How does Lily describe her in-laws' home?
(a) Made of wood.
5. Who transports notes between Lily and Snow Flower after their sons are born?
(a) Madame Wang.
(c) Madame Lu.
(d) Snow Flower's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "The phoenix mates the golden hen, a match made in heaven"?
2. What pattern is embroidered on Lily's green silk jacket that she wears to visit Snow Flower in "Truth"?
3. Who are "little daughters-in-law"?
4. What do Snow Flower and Lily create to appease Beautiful Moon's spirit?
5. What does Lily say sons are to women?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)