|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Fan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the upstairs room in Lily's childhood home used for?
(a) Women and children.
(b) Her grandparents.
(d) Carpentry room.
2. What was the ideal length of a bound foot for a girl?
(a) Fifteen centimeters.
(b) Seven centimeters.
(c) Twenty centimeters.
(d) Twenty-five centimeters.
3. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(b) With great honor.
(d) As if she is of no consequence.
4. What was Lily's favorite part of the day when she was five?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Late morning.
(d) Late afternoon.
5. Where did Lily spend her childhood?
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Madame Wang take Lily and Snow Flower to the fair at the Temple of Gupo?
2. Who are "little daughters-in-law"?
3. What is Lily's title at the beginning of the novel?
4. How long is the mourning period for Lily's grandmother and sister?
5. What are the girls fed to soften their bones?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)