1. Who is Lily?
(a) Mother to Snow Flower.
2. What does laotong mean?
(a) Old same.
(c) Late afternoon.
3. What is Lily's title at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Widow Lily.
(b) Elder Stateswoman.
(c) Wise Woman.
(d) One Who Has Not Yet Died.
4. Where did Lily spend her childhood?
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. What is the upstairs room in Lily's childhood home used for?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) Women and children.
(d) Carpentry room.
6. How does Lily's mother treat her?
(a) As if she is of no consequence.
(c) With great honor.
7. Who acted cheerfully in Lily's childhood home?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
8. Who does Lily help with the outdoor chores when she is five?
(a) Elder Brother.
(d) Elder Sister.
9. What does Lily say her grandmother looked like to her when she was five?
(c) Dried plum.
This section contains 4,371 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)