|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Paul want the boys to accompany him for the weekend?
(a) To improve his family image for his campaign.
(b) To see if he is interested in obtaining custody of them.
(c) To introduce them to his girlfriend.
(d) To show them that he could be a good father.
2. What story does Matt tell the boys while they are waiting for Ferguson?
(a) About his mountain climbing trip.
(b) About his life at college.
(c) About the time he was a boxer.
(d) About his time in the Army.
3. What movie does Matt refuse to watch?
(a) "Steel Magnolias."
(b) "How Stella Got Her Groove Back."
(c) "Top Gun."
(d) "Terms of Endearment."
4. What hobby did Lizabeth have in college?
5. What does Matt say about tattoos?
(a) They are awesome.
(b) They are dumb.
(c) They are cool.
(d) They are ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Matt and the dog doing on the porch after the fiasco in the kitchen?
2. What did Matt do when he graduated from high school?
3. What does Matt say he is going to do with the rest of the money he had set aside?
4. What is Matt's nickname for Lizabeth?
5. What does Matt think that the thought of marriage does to Lizabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. In fairly typical romance-novel fashion, the story wraps up with Matt and Lizabeth marrying and living happily ever after. Given the short time they've known each other and the tumultuous relationship they have had up to that point, how believable do you find the story? If you find it quite believable, why? What is it about the genre that makes it so popular, and how does that apply to this book?
2. Lizabeth decides to question Matt point blank about what he would do in certain parental situations. What does she ask him, and how does he respond?
3. Lizabeth seems to have many preconceived notions about what a perfect father should be. In her mind, Matt falls short in several of these categories. What does she say in Chapter 7 that expresses these notions and where Matt falls short?
4. Compare/contrast Matt and Paul and their parenting styles.
5. What are the preconceptions Lizabeth has about Matt as a role model for her children that give her pause? Why do you think she is so concerned with those preconceptions?
6. How does Richard Hastings find out about Lizabeth, and why does he choose to flash her?
7. After arguing the night before, Lizabeth finds herself alone in the morning and much of the rest of the day. What does Matt say that expresses the confusion he is feeling about their relationship when they finally do meet up?
8. What does Lizabeth tell her neighbors to explain why she has a naked man in her house?
9. How does the flasher make up for his actions after losing his temper at being ignored by Matt and Lizabeth? Describe his appearance when he makes arrangements.
10. At the barbecue, Ferguson steals the ham and runs off. Describe what happens next.
This section contains 1,204 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)