|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these people does Persse not meet on the top floor of the residence hall?
2. What is the name of Michel Tardieu's lover?
3. What is the title of Morris Zapp's new book?
4. What drug does Song-Mi Lee give Arthur Kingfisher?
5. How many people are attending the conference in Rummidge?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Ringbaums' day go after landing in London?
2. Describe the atmosphere Philip sets to tell his story about Joy.
3. What is Ronald Frobisher's opinion on literary prizes?
4. When Hilary tells Morris that she "made her bed," what does she mean?
5. Who is Arthur Kingfisher?
6. Describe Akira Sakazaki's home.
7. What are Morris Zapp's reasons for jogging?
8. What did Philip think about in the twenty minutes the damaged plane spent circling Genoa?
9. Describe Joy as Philip first saw her.
10. What is Morris Zapp's theory about sex?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the text to illustrate, explain what a quest is and how it is used in this story.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbols in this novel, using at least three examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the major, or biggest, theme of this story? Support your thesis with examples from the story.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)