|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Song-Mi Lee give Arthur Kingfisher?
2. Where was Angelica found as a baby?
3. What is the title of Morris' ex-wife's novel?
4. What event is planned for the final night of the conference?
5. What item does Philip Swallow always pack too many of when traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What personal story does Robin Dempsey tell Persse at the sherry reception?
2. What are Morris Zapp's reasons for jogging?
3. Why does Ronald Frobisher hold such a grudge against Rudyard Parkinson?
4. Why is Persse's Aunty Nuala not at home when he goes to visit?
5. How does the Ringbaums' day go after landing in London?
6. How does Philip Swallow's first day in Turkey go?
7. What is Morris' advice to Philip regarding his conference?
8. What is Miss Sybil Maiden's overarching theory about literature?
9. What does Robin Dempsey's Centre of Computational Statistics tell Ronald Frobisher about his writing?
10. What is the content of Desiree Zapp's conversation with her agent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Cheryl Summerbee play in the story of this novel? Does it change over the course of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
David Lodge uses a lot of mythological imagery and figures throughout "Small World." Using at least three examples, explain how these mythological allusions enhance the story.
Essay Topic 3
What is Robin Dempsey's relationship with computers both before and after the arrival of "ELIZA"? How does it change, and why? Is it healthy? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)