|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Persse fly to from London?
(a) Los Angeles.
2. What is wrong with the plane Persse is on between London and Ireland?
(a) Cabin pressure has dropped.
(b) The landing gear won't come down.
(c) An engine is on fire.
(d) A nosewheel tire has blown out.
3. What character is Mr. Maxwell connected to?
(a) Morris Zapp.
(b) Hilary Swallow.
(c) Angelica Pabst.
(d) Bernadette McGarrigle.
4. What sound does Lodge use to symbolize all of the traveling that occurs during "conference season"?
5. Whom does Persse run into at the penthouse party's buffet?
(a) Akira Sakazaki.
(b) Ronald Frobisher.
(c) Felix Skinner.
(d) Angelica Pabst.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reference on the prayer card tell Persse?
2. Who has kidnapped Morris Zapp?
3. What major part of speech is missing from the Japanese language?
4. Where is Angelica flying to from Geneva?
5. Who helps Persse decipher the reference he finds on his prayer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Morris Zapp's routine at Lake Como?
2. What are Morris Zapp's reasons for inviting Arthur Kingfisher to his Jerusalem conference?
3. What is Josh Collins' concern with Robin Dempsey's frequent presence in the Computer Centre?
4. Describe the streets of the red light district.
5. What professional news does Persse receive at the party in the penthouse?
6. Describe the James Joyce Pub.
7. How does Persse find Hermann Pabst?
8. What are the differences between Waikiki Beach in Hawaii and the beach Persse knows in Connemara, Ireland?
9. How does Persse cause a scene at the Amsterdam conference?
10. What is the purpose of the MLA?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)