|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Philip Swallow headed to from Ankara?
2. Who is sitting next to Persse in the boat?
(a) Ben Bulben.
(b) Professor McCreedy.
(c) Mr. Maxwell.
(d) Mrs. Finklepearl.
3. What author is the subject of the conference Morris Zapp attends in Zurich?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) James Joyce.
4. What is the average attendance at the annual MLA conference?
5. Who does Fulvia Morgana meet unexpectedly in the Milan airport?
(a) Sy Gootblatt.
(b) Ernesto Morgana.
(c) Morris Zapp.
(d) Angelica Pabst.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed as Lily and Angelica's biological father?
2. Where did Lily Pabst run away to at age 16?
3. How does Persse get to the airport from Lausanne?
4. What title is "The Strange Affair of the Flesh and the Bosom" a translation of?
5. Which of these is not mentioned as a hazard of modern travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Cheryl Summerbee's encounter with Angelica.
2. How does Persse find Hermann Pabst?
3. What has happened to Howard Ringbaum?
4. What are the differences between Waikiki Beach in Hawaii and the beach Persse knows in Connemara, Ireland?
5. How does Persse miss the train to Geneva on which Angelica is traveling?
6. What professional news does Persse receive at the party in the penthouse?
7. How does Persse end up in a karaoke bar?
8. Why is Persse nervous upon arriving at Angelica's hotel?
9. How is Philip feeling about his trip to Turkey on his last night?
10. What is Persse's experience when he returns to London to find Bernadette?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)