|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the initial ransom demanded for Morris Zapp?
2. What is the literal meaning of "karaoke"?
(a) "Amateur singers."
(b) "Empty orchestra."
(c) "Voice projection."
(d) "Wordless music."
3. On the last night Phillip is in Ankara he attends a reception in whose honor?
(a) A musical quartet.
(b) A Nobel prizewinner.
(c) Philip himself.
(d) A Hollywood actress.
4. What does one of the flight attendants try to recite into the microphone on Persse's flight into Ireland?
(a) The Hail Mary.
(b) The Act of Contrition.
(c) The 23rd Psalm.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
5. How does Persse get to the airport from Lausanne?
(a) The train.
(b) A bus.
(c) A taxi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of these professors does not speak at "The Function of Criticism" forum?
2. Who is revealed as Lily and Angelica's biological father?
3. Where does Persse first see Angelica?
4. What excuse does Joy use to leave Ankara early?
5. Whom does Persse run into at the penthouse party's buffet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Persse miss the train to Geneva on which Angelica is traveling?
2. Why did Philip never suspect that Joy's second child was his?
3. What is the purpose of the MLA?
4. What is Josh Collins' concern with Robin Dempsey's frequent presence in the Computer Centre?
5. Describe the James Joyce Pub.
6. What professional news does Persse receive at the party in the penthouse?
7. Describe the room where Persse stays in Lausanne.
8. How is Philip feeling about his trip to Turkey on his last night?
9. What is Morris Zapp's routine at Lake Como?
10. What has happened to Howard Ringbaum?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)