|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaks a possible UNESCO chair candidate's name to the "Sunday Times"?
(a) Michel Tardieu.
(b) Jacques Textel.
(c) Robin Dempsey.
(d) Rudyard Parkinson.
2. Who is revealed as Lily and Angelica's biological father?
(a) Ernesto Morgana.
(b) Arthur Kingfisher.
(c) Rudyard Parkinson.
(d) Morris Zapp.
3. Which one of these professors does not speak at "The Function of Criticism" forum?
(a) Morris Zapp.
(b) Rudyard Parkinson.
(c) Michel Tardieu.
(d) Philip Swallow.
4. What is Joy's job?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A musician.
(d) A librarian.
5. What is the new name of the Club Exotica?
(a) The Cat's Meow.
(c) Girls Unlimited.
(d) Girls Girls Girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose music does Persse sing at the karaoke bar?
2. What sound does Lodge use to symbolize all of the traveling that occurs during "conference season"?
3. Why does Persse fly to London?
4. Which of these is not mentioned as a hazard of modern travel?
5. Why does the young prostitute at #13 tell Persse Angelica/Lily was at her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Persse miss the train to Geneva on which Angelica is traveling?
2. What are the differences between Waikiki Beach in Hawaii and the beach Persse knows in Connemara, Ireland?
3. How does Persse cause a scene at the Amsterdam conference?
4. What has happened to Howard Ringbaum?
5. Describe the room where Persse stays in Lausanne.
6. How does Persse end up in a karaoke bar?
7. Describe Cheryl Summerbee's encounter with Angelica.
8. Describe the streets of the red light district.
9. What does Lodge declare is the real attraction for people who go to conferences?
10. What are Morris Zapp's reasons for inviting Arthur Kingfisher to his Jerusalem conference?
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)