|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Morris reading on the plane to Milan?
(a) A literary journal.
(b) A collection of essays.
(c) A golfing magazine.
(d) Philip Swallow's book.
2. In what city does Persse teach?
3. Who does Skinner's first choice recommend to give a reader's report on McGarrigle's book proposal?
(a) Rudyard Parkinson.
(b) Michel Tardieu.
(c) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(d) Philip Swallow.
4. In what country does Fulvia Morgana teach?
5. What delays Morris Zapp's flight in Rummidge?
(a) Heavy wind.
(b) Mechanical problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the morning he leaves for Turkey, what does Philip Swallow discover they are out of?
2. What country did Philip visit on his first lecture tour?
3. What is on the wall of the chapel's vestibule?
4. For what organization does Jacques Textel work?
5. Which author's works is Akbil Borak trying to finish?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two letters from London are awaiting Persse McGarrigle when he returns to Limerick?
2. What is Desiree doing while Morris Zapp is en route to the Rummidge airport?
3. What are Rudyard Parkinson's passions?
4. Why is Persse's Aunty Nuala not at home when he goes to visit?
5. Who is Arthur Kingfisher?
6. What did Philip think about in the twenty minutes the damaged plane spent circling Genoa?
7. Describe Joy as Philip first saw her.
8. How is Rodney Wainwright attempting to move past his writer's block?
9. How does the Ringbaums' day go after landing in London?
10. What is the content of Desiree Zapp's conversation with her agent?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)