|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Persse discover that Angelica studied for a year?
(b) University College, Dublin.
(c) The Sorbonne.
2. In what decade's fashions are the people of Lausanne dressed?
3. What have the "Observer" and "Sunday Times" asked Hilary for?
(a) An interview with Philip.
(b) Complimentary copies of Philip's book.
(c) Excerpts of Philips' book to print.
(d) A photograph of Philip.
4. Who gets the UNESCO chair?
(a) Morris Zapp.
(b) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(c) Arthur Kingfisher.
(d) Rudyard Parkinson.
5. Why does the young prostitute at #13 tell Persse Angelica/Lily was at her house?
(a) To clean the house.
(b) To work as a prostitute.
(c) To babysit.
(d) To borrow a dress.
6. What does Persse find of Angelica's in the trash?
(a) An earmarked magazine.
(b) A broken hairbrush.
(c) Tights that have a hole.
(d) A handwritten to-do list.
7. Whom does Angelica love?
(a) Persse McGarrigle.
(b) Morris Zapp.
(c) Peter McGarrigle.
(d) Ernesto Morgana.
8. What excuse does Joy use to leave Ankara early?
(a) A friend was in a serious accident.
(b) Her son is sick.
(c) Her aunt has died.
(d) A problem with her house.
9. Who is revealed as Lily and Angelica's biological father?
(a) Rudyard Parkinson.
(b) Ernesto Morgana.
(c) Arthur Kingfisher.
(d) Morris Zapp.
10. In what city does Persse run into Morris Zapp?
11. What travel arrangements does Morris hint at for his rather last-minute invitee?
(a) A helicopter tour of Jerusalem.
(b) The Concorde for the transatlantic flight.
(c) A first-class berth on the Queen Elizabeth II to cross the ocean.
(d) First-class train travel across the Middle East.
12. Who does Morris Zapp invite to his Jerusalem conference via letter?
(a) Arthur Kingfisher.
(b) Persse McGarrigle.
(c) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(d) Fulvia Morgana.
13. Who has kidnapped Morris Zapp?
(a) A rival for the UNESCO chair.
(b) A group of feminists angry about his "Textuality as Striptease" paper.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) A group of left-wing extremists.
14. What is the initial ransom demanded for Morris Zapp?
15. Who does Philip Swallow meet at Masada?
(a) Matthew Swallow.
(b) Robin Dempsey.
(c) Sybil Maiden.
(d) Hilary Swallow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is mentioned in a newspaper cutting sent to Morris Zapp as a possible UNESCO chair?
2. What is Joy's job?
3. Who helps Persse decipher the reference he finds on his prayer?
4. What is Miranda doing when Joy tells Philip he is her father?
5. What is wrong with the plane Persse is on between London and Ireland?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)