|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Persse do while waiting for the travel agents to set up his rental house?
(a) He calls his mother.
(b) He has lunch.
(c) He applies for an American Express card.
(d) He sends Morris Zapp a postcard.
2. What is the initial ransom demanded for Morris Zapp?
3. Who originally found Angelica and Lily Pabst in the airplane?
(a) Hermann Pabst.
(b) Philip Swallow.
(c) Sybil Maiden.
(d) Arthur Kingfisher.
4. What does Persse do immediately after finding the Blue Heaven?
(a) He gets drunk.
(b) He has dinner.
(c) He goes to the airport.
(d) He goes inside.
5. What is Morris Zapp doing when he passes out?
(b) Playing tennis.
(c) Playing golf.
6. What is the name of the holiday celebrated during this Zurich conference on June 16th?
(a) Swiss Cheese Day.
(b) Founder's Day.
(d) Blossoming Day.
7. Who has kidnapped Morris Zapp?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) A group of feminists angry about his "Textuality as Striptease" paper.
(c) A group of left-wing extremists.
(d) A rival for the UNESCO chair.
8. With whom does Fulvia Morgana have an affair at the Vienna conference?
(a) Rodney Wainwright.
(b) Sy Gootblatt.
(c) Morris Zapp.
(d) Ronald Frobisher.
9. Which one of these professors does not speak at "The Function of Criticism" forum?
(a) Morris Zapp.
(b) Michel Tardieu.
(c) Rudyard Parkinson.
(d) Philip Swallow.
10. Which of these is not mentioned as a hazard of modern travel?
(a) The grounding of a type of plane.
(b) Air controller strikes.
(c) Weather delays.
11. Who does Philip Swallow meet at Masada?
(a) Robin Dempsey.
(b) Matthew Swallow.
(c) Sybil Maiden.
(d) Hilary Swallow.
12. What is wrong with the plane Persse is on between London and Ireland?
(a) A nosewheel tire has blown out.
(b) An engine is on fire.
(c) The landing gear won't come down.
(d) Cabin pressure has dropped.
13. Who helps Persse decipher the reference he finds on his prayer?
(b) Professor McCreedy.
(c) Cheryl Summerbee.
(d) Morris Zapp.
14. What is the new name of the Club Exotica?
(a) The Cat's Meow.
(c) Girls Girls Girls.
(d) Girls Unlimited.
15. What does one of the flight attendants try to recite into the microphone on Persse's flight into Ireland?
(a) The Act of Contrition.
(b) The Hail Mary.
(c) The 23rd Psalm.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What major part of speech is missing from the Japanese language?
2. Who anonymously sends Morris Zapp a newspaper cutting?
3. What excuse does Joy use to leave Ankara early?
4. What is the literal meaning of "karaoke"?
5. What is Joy's job?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)