|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major part of speech is missing from the Japanese language?
(d) Possessive pronouns.
2. Who helps Persse decipher the reference he finds on his prayer?
(a) Professor McCreedy.
(b) Cheryl Summerbee.
(c) Morris Zapp.
3. Who owns the Club Exotica?
(b) The Cat's Meow.
(c) Girls Girls Girls.
(d) Girls Unlimited.
4. Who asks the final question of the speakers at "The Function of Criticism" forum?
(a) Jacques Textel.
(b) Angelica Pabst.
(c) Persse McGarrigle.
(d) Fulvia Morgana.
5. Who does Philip Swallow meet at Masada?
(a) Hilary Swallow.
(b) Sybil Maiden.
(c) Robin Dempsey.
(d) Matthew Swallow.
6. What is the name of the holiday celebrated during this Zurich conference on June 16th?
(a) Swiss Cheese Day.
(c) Founder's Day.
(d) Blossoming Day.
7. What is Miranda doing when Joy tells Philip he is her father?
(a) Playing with her dolls.
(d) Skipping rope.
8. What poet does Philip correctly identify when quoted to him?
9. Whom does Persse run into at a bar in Lausanne?
(a) Philip Swallow.
(b) Morris Zapp.
(c) Angelica Pabst.
(d) Michel Tardieu.
10. What is Joy's job?
(a) A nurse.
(b) A schoolteacher.
(c) A librarian.
(d) A musician.
11. Who does Morris Zapp invite to his Jerusalem conference via letter?
(a) Persse McGarrigle.
(b) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(c) Fulvia Morgana.
(d) Arthur Kingfisher.
12. Who is mentioned in a newspaper cutting sent to Morris Zapp as a possible UNESCO chair?
(a) Philip Swallow.
(b) Ronald Frobisher.
(c) Michel Tardieu.
(d) Siegfried von Turpitz.
13. What is the average attendance at the annual MLA conference?
14. What is wrong with the plane Persse is on between London and Ireland?
(a) Cabin pressure has dropped.
(b) An engine is on fire.
(c) A nosewheel tire has blown out.
(d) The landing gear won't come down.
15. What does "halcyon" mean in Greek?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaks a possible UNESCO chair candidate's name to the "Sunday Times"?
2. What travel arrangements does Morris hint at for his rather last-minute invitee?
3. Where is Philip Swallow headed to from Ankara?
4. What character was Angelica playing in the literary work being enacted in Lausanne?
5. What literary work is being acted out in Lausanne?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)