|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Persse fly to London?
(a) To meet Angelica.
(b) To visit a lawyer.
(c) To attend Morris Zapp's conference.
(d) To find Bernadette.
2. Who has kidnapped Morris Zapp?
(a) A rival for the UNESCO chair.
(b) A group of feminists angry about his "Textuality as Striptease" paper.
(c) The Mafia.
(d) A group of left-wing extremists.
3. The class Persse is tutoring is visiting a site associated with what famous poet?
(a) John Keats.
(b) W.B. Yeats.
(c) T.S. Eliot.
(d) William Shakespeare.
4. What does "halcyon" mean in Greek?
5. From whom does Persse borrow $200 to get back to Ireland?
(a) Arthu Kingfisher.
(b) Morris Zapp.
(c) Ronald Frobisher.
(d) Felix Skinner.
6. What author is the subject of the conference Morris Zapp attends in Zurich?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) Thomas Hardy.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) Jane Austen.
7. What literary work is referenced in the prayer Persse had previously hung up in the airport chapel?
(a) "The Waste Land."
(b) "Orlando Furioso."
(d) "The Faerie Queene."
8. How many boats do the students in Persse's class get into?
9. Which one of these professors does not speak at "The Function of Criticism" forum?
(a) Michel Tardieu.
(b) Philip Swallow.
(c) Morris Zapp.
(d) Rudyard Parkinson.
10. Why does the young prostitute at #13 tell Persse Angelica/Lily was at her house?
(a) To work as a prostitute.
(b) To borrow a dress.
(c) To babysit.
(d) To clean the house.
11. What have the "Observer" and "Sunday Times" asked Hilary for?
(a) A photograph of Philip.
(b) An interview with Philip.
(c) Excerpts of Philips' book to print.
(d) Complimentary copies of Philip's book.
12. On the last night Phillip is in Ankara he attends a reception in whose honor?
(a) Philip himself.
(b) A Nobel prizewinner.
(c) A musical quartet.
(d) A Hollywood actress.
13. What is the name of the holiday celebrated during this Zurich conference on June 16th?
(a) Blossoming Day.
(b) Swiss Cheese Day.
(d) Founder's Day.
14. Who does ELIZA tell Robin Dempsey will get the UNESCO chair?
(a) Persse McGarrigle.
(b) Philip Swallow.
(c) Arthur Kingfisher.
(d) Robin Dempsey.
15. What is Miranda doing when Joy tells Philip he is her father?
(b) Skipping rope.
(d) Playing with her dolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character was Angelica playing in the literary work being enacted in Lausanne?
2. What is wrong with the plane Persse is on between London and Ireland?
3. Whose music does Persse sing at the karaoke bar?
4. Who does Persse meet on the plane to Seoul?
5. Where does Angelica have an inverted comma-shaped birthmark?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)