|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part II, Chapter 1, what character is standing at an open window, smiling into the sun?
(a) Joy Simpson.
(b) Robin Dempsey.
(c) Hilary Swallow.
(d) Persse McGarrigle.
2. What is Fulvia reading on the plane to Milan?
(a) Philip Swallow's book.
(b) A collection of essays.
(c) A fashion magazine.
(d) A literary journal.
3. What is Cheryl Summerbee's job?
(a) Check-in clerk at the airport.
(b) Luggage handler at the airport.
(c) Taxi driver.
4. ELIZA is named after a character in what play?
(a) "The Cherry Orchard."
(b) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(c) "Our Town."
5. On the morning he leaves for Turkey, what does Philip Swallow discover they are out of?
(a) Toilet paper.
6. What is Ronald Frobisher watching on television when he falls asleep?
(a) A made-for-TV miniseries.
(b) The news.
(d) A police thriller series.
7. In what city does Akbil Borak teach?
8. Where does Persse McGarrigle sleep after returning to Ireland?
(a) In a bus.
(b) At home.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) In a haystack.
9. What is the name of Michel Tardieu's lover?
10. What is the theory that Persse asks Angelica to explain to him?
11. What had Morris Zapp promised to send to Persse McGarrigle?
(a) A box of cigars.
(b) An invitation to his conference.
(c) A copy of his book.
(d) His deerstalker hat.
12. How many people are attending the conference in Rummidge?
13. With whom have the Ringbaums tagged along to the prizegiving party?
(a) Rudyard Parkinson.
(b) Persse McGarrigle.
(c) Felix Skinner.
(d) Ronald Frobisher.
14. What does "McGarrigle" mean in Irish?
(a) "Son of Super-valour."
(b) "Son of a Blacksmith."
(c) "Son of a Farmer."
(d) "Son of Handsomeness."
15. What does Robin Dempsey tell Frobisher is his most-used word?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Persse attempt to find in the airport?
2. What is the epilogue to Philip's story?
3. What technical difficulty occurs on Philip's flight home?
4. Who telephones Arthur Kingfisher from Berlin?
5. What is the name of Morris Zapp's ex-wife?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)