|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robin Dempsey tell Frobisher is his most-used word?
2. What do Philip and Morris drink as a nightcap?
3. Whom does Felix Skinner call first to give a reader's report on Persse McGarrigle's book about T.S. Eliot and Shakespeare?
(a) Michel Tardieu.
(b) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(c) Philip Swallow.
(d) Rudyard Parkinson.
4. In what country does Fulvia Morgana teach?
5. What play did the conferees see performed at the Repertory Theatre?
(b) "Puss in Boots."
(c) "King Lear."
(d) "Romeo & Juliet."
6. Why did Frobisher travel to Darlington?
(a) To attend a conference.
(b) To accept an honorary degree.
(c) To visit family.
(d) To teach a class.
7. What is "ELIZA"?
(a) A new movie.
(b) A software program enabling computers to hold conversations.
(c) The name of Robin Dempsey's car.
(d) A sailboat upon which Morris Zapp is holding a conference.
8. What author was Morris Zapp's specialty?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Emily Bronte.
(c) James Joyce.
(d) William Shakespeare.
9. Which of these is not one of Morris Zapp's pillars of the "global campus"?
(b) The printing press.
(c) Airplane travel.
(d) Xerox machines.
10. Why is Matthew Swallow home from school?
(b) He is sick.
(d) A teachers' strike.
11. Who makes the announcement of an emergency landing to the passengers?
(a) A prerecorded cassette.
(b) A flight attendant.
(c) A doctor who is flying as a passenger.
(d) The pilot.
12. What is Fulvia wearing while she and Morris have dinner?
(a) A pair of leggings and one of her husband's shirts.
(b) A silk kimono.
(c) Her work clothes.
(d) A long white wool robe.
13. What is the title of Morris Zapp's new book?
(a) "Could Try Harder."
(b) "Lenin and Philosophy."
(d) "Beyond Criticism."
14. At the end of Part II, Chapter 1, what character is standing at an open window, smiling into the sun?
(a) Hilary Swallow.
(b) Persse McGarrigle.
(c) Robin Dempsey.
(d) Joy Simpson.
15. What play did the conferees originally buy tickets to see?
(a) "Romeo & Juliet."
(b) "A Streetcar Named Desire."
(c) "Our Town."
(d) "King Lear."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the magazine for which Morris serves on the editorial board?
2. What does Philip give to Morris after telling him his secret story?
3. What is Morris reading on the plane to Milan?
4. ELIZA is named after a character in what play?
5. What was the council representative's wife wearing?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)