|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the light in the council representative's bedroom?
2. How many people are attending the conference in Rummidge?
3. What play did the conferees see performed at the Repertory Theatre?
(b) "Romeo & Juliet."
(c) "Puss in Boots."
(d) "King Lear."
4. ELIZA is named after a character in what play?
(a) "A Midsummer Night's Dream."
(c) "The Cherry Orchard."
(d) "Our Town."
5. What does Persse go into town to buy?
6. What is the name of the business on the reverse side of the prayer card Persse reads?
(a) Girls Unlimited.
(b) Chamber Maids.
(c) Sophisticated Ladies.
(d) Dancing Queens.
7. What does the chapel resemble physically?
(a) A confessional.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A cathedral.
8. Who telephones Arthur Kingfisher from Berlin?
(a) Fulvia Morgana.
(b) Michel Tardieu.
(c) Rodney Wainwright.
(d) Siegfried von Turpitz.
9. What is the epilogue to Philip's story?
(a) Philips sees the wife every time he visits Italy.
(b) The entire family died in a plane crash.
(c) He fathered a child with her.
(d) The council representative and his wife divorced.
10. Which of these people does Persse not meet on the top floor of the residence hall?
(a) Rupert Sutcliffe.
(b) Robin Dempsey.
(c) Philip Swallow.
(d) Angelica Pabst.
11. What club does Howard Ringbaum desperately want to join?
(b) The National Rifle Association.
(c) The Mile High Club.
(d) The Order of Elks.
12. What is the title of the magazine for which Morris serves on the editorial board?
(b) "Textual Striptease."
13. Where does Persse McGarrigle sleep after returning to Ireland?
(a) In a haystack.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a bus.
(d) At home.
14. Whom does Felix Skinner call first to give a reader's report on Persse McGarrigle's book about T.S. Eliot and Shakespeare?
(a) Rudyard Parkinson.
(b) Philip Swallow.
(c) Siegfried von Turpitz.
(d) Michel Tardieu.
15. With whom does Frobisher start a fight at the party?
(a) Rudyard Parkinson.
(b) Howard Ringbaum.
(c) Felix Skinner.
(d) Persse McGarrigle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alice Kauffman?
2. What is Morris reading on the plane to Milan?
3. What is on the wall of the chapel's vestibule?
4. What author was Morris Zapp's specialty?
5. What is the title of Desiree's book?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)