|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the literal meaning of "karaoke"?
(a) "Amateur singers."
(b) "Wordless music."
(c) "Voice projection."
(d) "Empty orchestra."
2. Where does Persse McGarrigle run into Miss Sybil Maiden in Hawaii?
(a) In the airport.
(b) In the lobby of his hotel.
(c) At a luau.
(d) On the beach in Waikiki.
3. What does Persse do immediately after finding the Blue Heaven?
(a) He goes to the airport.
(b) He goes inside.
(c) He has dinner.
(d) He gets drunk.
4. What major part of speech is missing from the Japanese language?
(b) Possessive pronouns.
5. Which author's works is Akbil Borak trying to finish?
(a) William Shakespeare's.
(b) Arthur Kingfisher's.
(c) William Hazlitt's.
(d) Ronald Frobisher's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Philip Swallow headed to from Ankara?
2. Who does Philip Swallow meet at Masada?
3. What title is "The Strange Affair of the Flesh and the Bosom" a translation of?
4. In what country does Rodney Wainwright live?
5. What does one of the flight attendants try to recite into the microphone on Persse's flight into Ireland?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)