|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutha find on the ground?
2. How does Brutha help Vorbis at the end of the book?
3. What does Vorbis do to Brutha near Omnia?
4. Where does Brutha wake up after the weather?
5. Why does Om wake Brutha up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brutha supposed to do to the library, and how does he protect it?
2. Why doesn't Brutha like Didactylos' book? What was it written about?
3. How does Om find water?
4. What does Om realize as he fends off the horde of small gods in the cave?
5. How does Om help the warriors on the ground?
6. What happens to the Omnian ship?
7. How does Vorbis explain Brutha's knowledge to the people in the Citadel?
8. How does a turtle save Om's life?
9. How does Brutha face the Navy, and what does he offer them?
10. How does Brutha confront Vorbis, and what is the repercussion for his actions?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does it come to pass that Vorbis promotes himself as a prophet? Why do the people believe him? How does he treat Brutha?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the hierarchy in the monastery, and explain Brutha's position and where he fits in at the monastery.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes in the Turtle Society from the beginning of the book to the arrival of Didactylos. What do they believe? How do they feel about Didactylos?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)