|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Simony want to do as the army approaches?
2. Who set the fire in the library?
3. What does Brutha ask Om for during the religious crises?
4. According to Om, what do gods do in different cultures?
5. Where does Brutha wake up after the weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Didactylos think about sureness and how does he back up his view on it?
2. How does Brutha portray his generous nature right to the end of the book?
3. What happens to Vorbis during his ordainment ceremony, and what was Brutha's role in the situation?
4. How does Om help the warriors on the ground?
5. What does Vorbis think happened to Brutha and how does he respond to his thoughts on Brutha's whereabouts?
6. What is Brutha supposed to do to the library, and how does he protect it?
7. How does Brutha confront Vorbis, and what is the repercussion for his actions?
8. How does Om find water?
9. Why doesn't Brutha like Didactylos' book? What was it written about?
10. Where does Brutha end up, and how does he react when he realizes Vorbis is with him (albeit unconscious)?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Om finally comes clean to Brutha about his suspicions about Omnia, faith, and the church. Explain the connection and what this means for both Om and Brutha.
Essay Topic 2
Brutha sees Vorbis differently than others see him. Describe the differences using specific details from the story.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the changes in the Turtle Society from the beginning of the book to the arrival of Didactylos. What do they believe? How do they feel about Didactylos?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)