|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didactylos say about his own writing - to Brutha's dismay?
2. What can lead the group to water?
3. Where does Brutha wake up after the library fire?
4. What does Om tell Brutha to do when the weather hits?
5. What suspicions does Om share with Brutha?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Simony and Brutha differ in regard to the incoming warriors?
2. How does Brutha portray his generous nature right to the end of the book?
3. Where does Brutha end up, and how does he react when he realizes Vorbis is with him (albeit unconscious)?
4. Who does Didactylos lecture to, and what does he lecture about?
5. How does Brutha face the Navy, and what does he offer them?
6. What is St. Ungulant like, and how does he help Brutha?
7. What is Brutha supposed to do to the library, and how does he protect it?
8. What does Om realize as he fends off the horde of small gods in the cave?
9. What does the sea goddess want, and what does Brutha talk to her about?
10. Why doesn't Brutha like Didactylos' book? What was it written about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What action does the Turtle Society take against Vorbis? What weaponry do they develop and what strategies do they have planned to overcome Vorbis' evil?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the meeting between Om and the sea goddess. What is she like? How is he like her and how is he different? What does she plan to do, and what actually happens?
Essay Topic 3
How does the philosophers' view of religion parallel real-world reluctance to discuss religion? What are some of the similarities between faith and gods?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)