|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who set the fire in the library?
2. What does Om fend off while Brutha is sleeping?
3. How does the Great Om manifest himself to the people?
4. What was missing from the ashes that made Vorbis suspicious?
5. Where does Brutha wake up after the library fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Simony feel about gods, and what is Om's reaction to this?
2. What does Simony announce that he believes in, and how does Didactylos react to this statement?
3. How does Brutha face the Navy, and what does he offer them?
4. How does Vorbis explain Brutha's knowledge to the people in the Citadel?
5. How does Brutha portray his generous nature right to the end of the book?
6. How does Brutha confront Vorbis, and what is the repercussion for his actions?
7. What happens to the Omnian ship?
8. What does Om realize as he fends off the horde of small gods in the cave?
9. What does Om tell Brutha about his situation and his connection to Brutha?
10. How is Brutha getting out of the desert with Vorbis and Om?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the meeting between Om and the sea goddess. What is she like? How is he like her and how is he different? What does she plan to do, and what actually happens?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of big gods and lesser gods. Describe how a great god becomes a lesser god, and how a god ceases to exist.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setup for battle. What did Brutha want to do in relation to the enemy? How did Om help? What was the final outcome?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)