|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brutha think when Om suggests that he should be the next prophet?
2. How is Om spared from Vorbis?
3. Who does Simony urge Didactylos to talk to?
4. What does Brutha do before he is dragged away?
5. What can lead the group to water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Vorbis explain Brutha's knowledge to the people in the Citadel?
2. How does Om plan to keep the lion from attacking Brutha? What does the boy think of this idea?
3. What does Didactylos think about sureness and how does he back up his view on it?
4. Where does Brutha end up, and how does he react when he realizes Vorbis is with him (albeit unconscious)?
5. How does Brutha confront Vorbis, and what is the repercussion for his actions?
6. Vorbis is starting to show the dark side of his personality to Brutha. What does he do, and how does Brutha react?
7. What does Om realize as he fends off the horde of small gods in the cave?
8. How does Simony feel about gods, and what is Om's reaction to this?
9. How does Brutha face the Navy, and what does he offer them?
10. How does Brutha portray his generous nature right to the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does it come to pass that Vorbis promotes himself as a prophet? Why do the people believe him? How does he treat Brutha?
Essay Topic 2
How does Brutha demonstrate the strength of his faith? How is his faith stretched and challenged as he travels?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setup for battle. What did Brutha want to do in relation to the enemy? How did Om help? What was the final outcome?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)