|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vorbis claim to be when they are in the Citadel?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A god.
(c) A priest.
(d) A novice.
2. What appears while the library is burning.
(a) A water spout.
(b) A band of small gods.
(c) Tiny book worms in armor.
(d) An apelike creature.
3. What have many sailors seen according to Didactylos?
(a) How round the earth was.
(b) The sea goddess.
(c) The turtle the world is on.
(d) The face of death.
4. How does the deacon figure Brutha escaped?
(a) On horseback
(b) The gods rescued him.
(c) Through tunnels.
(d) He doesn't think he could have escaped.
5. Vorbis orders Brutha to lead him where?
(a) To the Tyrant's.
(b) Through the labriynth.
(c) To the ship.
(d) To Didactylos' home.
6. What happened to the engine on Urn's boat?
(a) It was polished and greased.
(b) He fixed it.
(c) It exploded when it was hit by lightning.
(d) It was encrusted with salt and barnacles.
7. How does Om help Brutha extricate the arrow?
(a) He gives the lion tranquilizers.
(b) He holds the surrounding skin.
(c) He uses a sacred knife.
(d) He calms down the lion in its mind.
8. What does Om offer to do to the invaders?
(a) Lead them home.
(b) Invite them to the temple.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Smite them.
9. What does Simony want to do as the army approaches?
(a) Peacefully confront them.
10. What does Om tell Brutha to do when the weather hits?
(a) Hoist more sails.
(b) Hide under a table.
(c) Jump from the ship.
(d) Protect the cargo.
11. What is the sea goddess distracted by?
(a) The larger Omnian vessel.
(c) The fire in the city.
(d) A porpoise.
12. According to Om, what do gods do in different cultures?
(a) Vocalize or stay quiet.
(b) Wear different masks.
(d) Harness their powers or show them.
13. What did Luz-Tze confess to?
(a) Killing Vorbis.
(b) Nudging history.
(c) Killing Brutha.
(d) Stalling history.
14. Why doesn't Sergeant Simony rush to rescue Brutha?
(a) He is afraid to interfere.
(b) He is held back by guards.
(c) He believes in predestination.
(d) He thinks Brutha is a good martyr.
15. What disability does Didactylos have?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is a leper.
(c) He can't speak.
(d) He is deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dadactylos pleased?
2. How is Om spared from Vorbis?
3. When does the group travel?
4. What happens 100 years after Vorbis is killed?
5. What does Vorbis call the light in the desert?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)