|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the sea goddess come to the boat?
(a) To ask Om for a favor.
(b) For payment.
(c) To guide them .
(d) To help the travelers with her speed.
2. What does Vorbis do to Brutha near Omnia?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He hits him on the head with a rock.
(c) Nothing. He is too addled.
(d) He brings him water.
3. Why does Brutha pass out?
(a) The information in his head is too overwhelming.
(b) He needs food.
(c) He goes into a diabetic coma.
(d) He suffers from heat exhaustion.
4. How does Brutha react to the scrolls?
(a) He devours each word.
(b) He is awed by the artwork.
(c) He is afraid to touch them.
(d) He feels like they are sacred relics.
5. Why is Brutha worried as they leave the harbor?
(a) He thinks the books are "leaking" in his head.
(b) He is concerned about facing the sea goddess.
(c) He wonders if Vorbis is still alive.
(d) He isn't sure if they destroyed all the books.
6. Where does the crew of the Omnian vessel find themselves?
(a) In the afterlife.
(b) On the deck of Brutha's boat.
(c) In Omnia.
(d) In Ephebe.
7. What unusual feeling does Vorbis have when he faces Death?
8. What happens when Urn and Sergeant Fergmen engage the mechanism in the control room?
(a) The lights go out.
(b) The turtle activates.
(c) The temple doors open.
(d) The temple doors shut.
9. What does Om offer to do to the invaders?
(a) Lead them home.
(b) Invite them to the temple.
(c) Banish them.
(d) Smite them.
10. Why does Om wake Brutha up?
(a) The sun is coming up.
(b) Soldiers are catching up to them.
(c) If he sleeps too long, he will die.
(d) To tell him there is water nearby.
11. Vorbis orders Brutha to lead him where?
(a) To the ship.
(b) To Didactylos' home.
(c) To the Tyrant's.
(d) Through the labriynth.
12. What was missing from the ashes that made Vorbis suspicious?
(a) A match.
(c) Book fragments.
13. What weather hits them?
(a) A hurricane.
14. What does Om tell Brutha to do when the weather hits?
(a) Hoist more sails.
(b) Hide under a table.
(c) Protect the cargo.
(d) Jump from the ship.
15. Why doesn't Sergeant Simony rush to rescue Brutha?
(a) He is held back by guards.
(b) He believes in predestination.
(c) He is afraid to interfere.
(d) He thinks Brutha is a good martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vorbis claim to be when they are in the Citadel?
2. What does Urn's new war machine look like?
3. What did Urn invent?
4. How does Vorbis treat the elderly guard?
5. What does Brutha suggest to the Navy?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)