|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
2. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
3. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
4. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
5. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)