|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
2. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
3. Who tells Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus that the war is over?
4. Mr. Antrobus says Henry has to behave himself when who returns?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus and Sabina come back in, Henry says that ________can tell him what to do.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)