|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
2. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
3. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
4. Henry vows to be free even if he has to do what?
5. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)