|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
2. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
3. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
4. As Henry goes out in Act 3, Part 2, who does he apologize to?
5. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, describe the role of the women in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific evidence from the play, answer the following question: Why is the war never named?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)