|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mrs. Antrobus tries to take Gladys back to the hotel, Gladys says that whom is looking for Henry?
2. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
3. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
4. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
5. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What does the Fortune Tellers' long and angry lecture to the audience symbolize? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)