|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Henry describe his childhood?
2. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
3. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
4. What does Sabina pull to get the set to start to right itself?
5. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)