|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
2. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
3. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
4. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
5. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)