|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus says that she married Mr. Antrobus for what reason?
2. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
3. Who takes Henry off the stage in Act 3, Part 2?
4. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
5. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
Essay Topic 1
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)