|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
2. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
3. Who says that Henry's story in Act 3 is not true?
4. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
5. How does Henry describe his childhood?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)