|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
2. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
3. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
4. Who mocks Mr. Antrobus for being afraid of the storm?
5. Fitzpatrick appears and says that several actors have been taken ill with what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)