|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
2. Where does Sabina want Mr. Antrobus to go with her, so he can relax?
3. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
4. Mr. Antrobus says that working so hard has caused him to cease what?
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)