|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The stand-ins' lines say that the power of the mind springs from what?
2. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
3. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
4. How does Henry describe his childhood?
5. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)