|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus says that war is a what, compared to the prospect of trying to build a new life with Henry in the middle of it?
2. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
3. When Sabina tells Henry that his mother and sister love him, what does Henry say?
4. What reason does Sabina give for enjoying the war?
5. Who urges Sabina to seduce Mr. Antrobus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
Essay Topic 2
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)