|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
2. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
3. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
4. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
5. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
Essay Topic 1
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, how is humanity given value? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)