|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
2. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
3. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
4. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
5. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, describe the role of the women in the play.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)