|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Henry in the middle of his arguments against his having any home?
2. What does Sabina pull to get the set to start to right itself?
3. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
4. The stage directions for Act 3, Part 2 describe Henry as being a representation of what?
5. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his broadcast he comments on what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
Essay Topic 2
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)