|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
2. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
3. What is glowing in the background as Act 3 begins?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus say men will learn if they find out the truth of what a woman is?
5. Who embodies the human capacity for compassion?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific evidence from the play, answer the following question: Why is the war never named?
Essay Topic 2
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)