|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry does not want to live the _____, quiet life that he thinks Mr. Antrobus wants him to live.
2. Who, according to Sabina, has won the war?
3. What rumbles distantly as Mrs. Antrobus appears in Act 2, Part 2?
4. What is the last name Sabina is using after the beauty contest?
5. What does Sabina do when Mr. Antrobus begins to organize animals on the ship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)