|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Act 3 begins, where is it set?
2. What has happened to Gladys from the end of Act 2 to the beginning of Act 3?
3. Who does Mr. Antrobus accuse of giving Gladys the stockings?
4. Henry says that when the play is performed the next night, the scene will proceed how?
5. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)