|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fitzpatrick says that the stand-ins are going to portray the hours of the night as portrayed by whom?
2. After the war, what does Sabina say Mr. Antrobus wants to be reunited with?
3. While Henry is sleeping and shouting, what does Mr. Antrobus take out?
4. Mr. Antrobus, upon hearing that Henry promises to go away, does what?
5. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)