|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
2. How many old women are among the crowd of refugees at the Antrobus'?
3. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
4. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
5. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
2. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
3. What roles do the stand-ins play?
4. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
5. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
6. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
7. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
8. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
9. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
10. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)