|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
2. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
3. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
4. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
5. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus say will make her happy at the convention?
3. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
4. When Sabina begins to repeat her lines from Act 1, she breaks character and tells the audience what?
5. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
6. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
7. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
8. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
9. What does the promise between Mr. Antrbous and Mrs. Antrobus do?
10. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)