Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
3. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
4. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
3. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
4. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
5. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
6. What roles do the stand-ins play?
7. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
8. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
9. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
10. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
According to the play, how is humanity given value? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)