|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
2. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
4. Before the Telegraph Boy can come into the house, Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus do what?
5. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
2. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
3. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
4. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
5. What do the refugees talk about before Mrs. Antrobus begins talking about her children?
6. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
7. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
8. When Sabina begins to repeat her lines from Act 1, she breaks character and tells the audience what?
9. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
10. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific evidence from the play, answer the following question: Why is the war never named?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)