Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
3. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
4. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
3. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
4. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
5. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
6. What roles do the stand-ins play?
7. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
8. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
9. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
10. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
Essay Topic 3
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)