|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of fortunes does the Fortune Teller shout, apparently at random?
2. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
3. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
4. Where is Act 2, Part 1 set?
5. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
2. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
3. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
4. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
5. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
6. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
7. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
8. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
9. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
10. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)