|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Antrobus send the children so that she can talk to Mr. Antrobus alone?
2. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
3. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
4. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
3. Mr. Antrobus tells Henry that war is a pleasure compared to what?
4. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
5. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
6. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
7. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
8. When Sabina begins to repeat her lines from Act 1, she breaks character and tells the audience what?
9. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
10. What reason does "Henry" give for being filled with the desire to kill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is an explanation the play gives, through its other themes and motifs, for why Sabina refuses to play out the full seduction scene? Cite examples in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)