|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
2. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
3. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
4. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
5. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Antrobus say that he used to imagine during the war?
2. Describe the refugee named Homer.
3. Mr. Antrobus tells Henry that war is a pleasure compared to what?
4. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
6. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
7. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
8. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
9. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
10. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)