|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
3. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
4. Mrs. Antrobus says that she does not believe that sleeping with a window open is what?
5. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
2. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
3. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
4. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
5. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
6. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
7. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
8. What does Mr. Antrobus do when he comes home from his day at work?
9. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
10. What do the refugees talk about before Mrs. Antrobus begins talking about her children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the play, how is humanity given value? Use specific examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)