|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
2. How many people speak during a monologue?
3. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
4. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
5. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
2. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
3. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
4. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
5. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
6. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
7. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
8. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
9. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
10. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)