|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
2. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
3. When Mr. Antrobus tells Mrs. Antrobus that a sign is a storm signal of rain, what does Mrs. Antrobus go to find?
4. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
2. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
3. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
4. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
5. What reason does "Henry" give for being filled with the desire to kill?
6. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
7. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
8. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
9. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
10. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)