|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
2. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
3. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
4. How many people speak during a monologue?
5. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
4. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
5. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
6. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
7. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
8. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
9. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
10. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
Essay Topic 3
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)