|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
2. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
3. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
4. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
5. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
2. What are the accusations leveled at Mr. Antrobus that he debunks in his speech to the international society of mammals?
3. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
4. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
5. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
6. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
7. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
8. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
9. What roles do the stand-ins play?
10. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)