|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
3. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees the man who spread the story about Mr. Antrobus wanting to be a fish?
4. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
5. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
2. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
3. What does Mr. Antrobus say that he used to imagine during the war?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
5. What does Gladys tell Mr. Antrobus before running away from Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus?
6. What are the most important achievements for Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus, according to the loudspeaker announcement?
7. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
8. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
9. What reason does "Henry" give for being filled with the desire to kill?
10. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific evidence from the play, answer the following question: Why is the war never named?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)