|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
2. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
3. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
4. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
5. Who beings passing up things to the stage as Act I ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles do the stand-ins play?
2. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
5. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
6. What does Mrs. Antrobus say will make her happy at the convention?
7. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
8. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
9. What are the most important achievements for Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus, according to the loudspeaker announcement?
10. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, describe the role of the women in the play.
Essay Topic 3
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)