|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
2. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
3. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
5. Why does Sabina ask the audience to pass things up for the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
2. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
3. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
4. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
5. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
6. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
7. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
8. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
9. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
10. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
Essay Topic 3
What role does compassion have in the play? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)