|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
2. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
3. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
4. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
5. Mr. Antrobus says that they are all covered in what, as the result of Henry's actions with the stone?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
2. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
5. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
6. What does the promise between Mr. Antrbous and Mrs. Antrobus do?
7. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
8. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
9. What does Mr. Antrobus do when he comes home from his day at work?
10. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Sabina's words about the actors having to do the play, "again and again," mean in the context of the themes, motifs and other actions in the play? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)