|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
2. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
3. Mr. Antrobus, when he is elected president of the international society of mammals, gives a speech celebrating the extinction of what?
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
5. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the two aspects of life that created harmony and hope for Mr. Antrobus?
2. When Sabina begins to repeat her lines from Act 1, she breaks character and tells the audience what?
3. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
4. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
5. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
6. What are the most important achievements for Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus, according to the loudspeaker announcement?
7. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
8. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
9. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
10. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 3
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)