|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
3. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
4. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
3. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
4. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
5. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
6. What roles do the stand-ins play?
7. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
8. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
9. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
10. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
Essay Topic 1
What are the three types of irony and how does the play use them? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Why does Act 3, Part 1 begin with the rehearsal of non-actors in the roles of philosophers? What message does this send? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)