|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
2. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
3. Mr. Antrobus, when he is elected president of the international society of mammals, gives a speech celebrating the extinction of what?
4. What role does Sabina play in the Antrobus household?
5. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
2. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
3. Why does Mrs. Antrobus finally allow the Telegraph Boy into the house?
4. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
5. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
6. What does Mr. Antrobus do when he comes home from his day at work?
7. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
8. What do Mr. Antrobus and Henry represent during their confrontation?
9. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
10. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
Essay Topic 2
What is the play's message regarding reconstruction? How does the play define reconstruction? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
How does the Antrobus family represent the archetypal human beings? Cite specific examples from the play in support of your answer.
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)