|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
2. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
3. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
4. Where does Mrs. Antrobus send the children so that she can talk to Mr. Antrobus alone?
5. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
2. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
5. Describe the set in the beginning of Act 3.
6. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
7. Why does Mrs. Antrobus finally allow the Telegraph Boy into the house?
8. What does the promise between Mr. Antrbous and Mrs. Antrobus do?
9. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
10. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, describe the role of the women in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using specific evidence from the play, answer the following question: Why is the war never named?
Essay Topic 3
What does the Fortune Tellers' long and angry lecture to the audience symbolize? Support your answer with specific examples from the play.
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)