|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Antrobus' other son?
3. Who beings passing up things to the stage as Act I ends?
4. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
5. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
3. What does the promise between Mr. Antrbous and Mrs. Antrobus do?
4. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
5. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
6. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
7. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
8. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
9. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
10. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
What are the three stages in human thought the play represents? What is their importance? Support your answer with examples from the play.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play to support your answer, explain how this play contrasts the best and worst aspects of being human.
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)