|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
2. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
3. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
5. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
3. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
4. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
5. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
6. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
7. What are the clear parallels between the story the Fortune Tellers tells and the Biblical story of Noah's Ark?
8. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
9. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
10. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the play, describe the role of the women in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
This section contains 1,081 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)