|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
2. When Mr. Antrobus introduces the old women refugees, who does he say they are?
3. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
4. How many people speak during a monologue?
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
2. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
3. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
4. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
5. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
6. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
7. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
8. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
9. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
10. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the play have its characters "break character" so often? Use examples from the play to support your answer.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)