|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
2. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
3. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
4. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
5. Sabina won a beauty contest judged by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
2. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
3. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
4. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
5. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
6. What are the accusations leveled at Mr. Antrobus that he debunks in his speech to the international society of mammals?
7. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
8. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
9. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
10. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the main theme of the play? Use specific examples to show how the main theme is demonstrated throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
How does the play, or parts of the play, represent the motif of destruction and then starting over? Cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the play, what does the weather in the various parts symbolize?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)