|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
2. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
3. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
4. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
5. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the refugee named Homer.
2. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
3. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
5. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
6. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
7. What do Mr. Antrobus and Henry represent during their confrontation?
8. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
9. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
10. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the play show that humanity is not blinded to the possibilities for monstrous human behavior? Cite examples from the play in support of your answer.
Essay Topic 2
According to the play, what does giving in to desire and temptation lead to? Use specific examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples to support your answer, explain how the play, or a section of this play, is an allegorical tale? What is the allegory being told?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)