|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina comments about how they are always starting over, and why should they bother, what does Mrs. Antrobus say?
(a) Too many people care about others to give up.
(b) Too many people have fought and died to give up.
(c) Too many people have hope to give up.
(d) Too many people are working too hard to give up.
2. When the substitutes are ready, what does Sabina do?
(a) Start the Act over again.
(b) Continue from where she left off.
(c) Restart at Act 2.
(d) Pick up at a point in the future.
3. Darkness falls, the other characters disappear, and what happens?
(a) Mr. Antrobus does nothing.
(b) Mr. Antrobus begins to speak.
(c) Mr. Antrobus begins to sing.
(d) Mr. Antrobus ends his speech.
4. When Gladys runs away from Mr. Antrobus, Sabina tells him not to worry and that it will all be forgotten in how long?
(a) A few days.
(b) 100 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) A week.
5. What is Mr. Antrobus wearing when he appears in Act 3, Part 2?
(a) A navy blue suit.
(b) A long overcoat.
(c) A uniform.
(d) A fur jacket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Mr. Antrobus to take himself and his family onto the boat?
2. How do Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys appear on the stage in the beginning of Act 3?
3. What does Henry say filled the emptiness inside him?
4. The stand-ins' lines refer to the futility of what?
5. After vowing to be free with his mother and Sabina present, what does Henry try to do to Mr. Antrobus?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)