|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(a) A bathing suit.
(b) A mini skirt.
(c) A dress.
2. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
(a) Hot dogs.
3. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
(a) Ancient Greece.
(b) Ancient China.
(c) Ancient America.
(d) Ancient Egypt.
4. What does Sabina ask the audience to pass up for the fire?
(a) Their purses.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their chairs.
(d) Their clothing.
5. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 500 years.
(c) 5,000 years.
(d) 50 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
2. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
3. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
4. Where is Act 2, Part 1 set?
5. Mrs. Antrobus urges her fellow human beings to live by what slogan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus finally allow the Telegraph Boy into the house?
2. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
3. What are the two aspects of life that created harmony and hope for Mr. Antrobus?
4. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
5. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
6. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
7. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
8. Describe the refugee named Homer.
9. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
10. What does Mr. Antrobus say that he used to imagine during the war?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)