|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
2. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
(a) A bingo hall.
(b) A church building.
(c) A casino.
(d) A sports bar.
3. The Telegraph Boy sings a song celebrating what?
(a) The Antrobus' anniversary.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus' birthday.
(c) The anniversary of their son's death.
(d) Sabina's birthday.
4. Who slips past the barricade and comes into the house and becomes comfortable?
(a) The horse and the dinosaur.
(b) The mammoth and the dog.
(c) The dog and the horse.
(d) The dinosaur and the mammoth.
5. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(b) The inventions his father has created.
(c) The times tables.
(d) The Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
2. Who beings passing up things to the stage as Act I ends?
3. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
4. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
5. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
2. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
3. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
4. What announcement does the play begin with?
5. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
6. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
7. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
8. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
9. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
10. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)