|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Happy being with her mother.
(b) Scared to be left alone.
(c) Happy to be with her family.
(d) Scared for her mother.
2. Where does Mrs. Antrobus send the children so that she can talk to Mr. Antrobus alone?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The playroom.
(c) The study.
(d) Their rooms.
3. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(a) The inventions his father has created.
(b) The Constitution.
(d) The times tables.
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
(d) Mrs. Antrobus.
5. What musical instrument does Homer carry?
(a) A flute.
(b) A banjo.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A lute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabina ask the audience to pass things up for the fire?
2. What are the occupations of the old women who are refugees?
3. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
4. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
5. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
3. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
4. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
5. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
6. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
7. What does the promise between Mr. Antrbous and Mrs. Antrobus do?
8. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
9. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
10. What are the accusations leveled at Mr. Antrobus that he debunks in his speech to the international society of mammals?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)