|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Antrobus quote while Henry quotes the multiplication tables?
(a) Biblical story of flood.
(b) Biblical story of destruction.
(c) Biblical story or repentance.
(d) Biblical story of creation.
2. Why does Sabina ask the audience to pass things up for the fire?
(a) To save the Antrobus'.
(b) To save the human race.
(c) To save the children.
(d) To save herself.
3. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Connecticut.
4. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
(a) Cain and Abel.
(b) Sodom and Gomorrah.
(c) Adam and Eve.
(d) Noah's Ark.
5. What role does Sabina play in the Antrobus household?
Short Answer Questions
1. While Homer sings a ballad, Moses recited from the Bible in what language?
2. Before the Telegraph Boy can come into the house, Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus do what?
3. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
4. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
5. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe the song the Telegraph Boy sings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
2. What do the refugees talk about before Mrs. Antrobus begins talking about her children?
3. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
4. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
5. What announcement does the play begin with?
6. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
7. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
8. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
9. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
10. Why does Mr. Antrobus want his books?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)