|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus, when he is elected president of the international society of mammals, gives a speech celebrating the extinction of what?
(a) The whale.
(b) The dog.
(c) The dinosaur.
(d) The mammoth.
2. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
(a) Ancient China.
(b) Ancient Egypt.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Ancient America.
3. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
(a) The pot.
(b) The apron.
(c) The jacket.
(d) The shoe.
4. What word does the Fortune Teller use to describe the flooding rain that is in humanity's future?
(a) A downpour.
(b) A laughable.
(c) A sizeable.
(d) A deluge.
5. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Fried food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
2. Mr. Antrobus debunks the accusations that in the moments before his birth he almost chose to be what?
3. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
4. When Mr. Antrobus introduces the old women refugees, who does he say they are?
5. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
2. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
5. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
6. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
7. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
8. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
9. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
10. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)