|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
2. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(a) Fried food.
(d) Ice cream.
3. During the Fortune Teller's speech she heckles the audience about letting what slip away from them?
(a) Their role.
(b) Their virtue.
(c) The past.
(d) The main point.
4. Mr. Antrobus tells Sabina to make a giant pot of what, when the refugees appear?
(d) Hot water.
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
(a) Because so many of their children had died.
(b) Because a doctor is always a good person to have.
(c) Because their whole family is ill.
(d) Because their children are sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
2. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
3. How many old women are among the crowd of refugees at the Antrobus'?
4. How long does Mrs. Antrobus say she has been married to Mr. Antrobus?
5. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the clear parallels between the story the Fortune Tellers tells and the Biblical story of Noah's Ark?
2. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
5. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
6. In Mrs. Antrobus' speech to the international society of mammals, what does she list as her more important discoveries?
7. Why does Sabina not want to go borrow some fire?
8. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
9. What do Mr. Antrobus and Henry represent during their confrontation?
10. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)