|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The Antrobus'.
(b) The selfishness of humans.
(c) The refugees.
(d) The compassion of humans.
2. What word does the Fortune Teller use to describe the flooding rain that is in humanity's future?
(a) A sizeable.
(b) A deluge.
(c) A laughable.
(d) A downpour.
3. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
(a) Law writer.
(b) Law breaker.
(c) Law historian.
4. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
(a) Because she wants to.
(b) Because it makes her look pretty.
(c) Because other girls do it.
(d) Because the boys like it.
5. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
(a) Sing to her just once.
(b) Teach her something just once.
(c) Look at her just once.
(d) Praise her just once.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is going to be late for dinner because he is busy developing what?
2. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
3. Where do the Antrobus' live?
4. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe the song the Telegraph Boy sings?
5. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
3. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
4. What roles do the stand-ins play?
5. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
6. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
7. Why does Mr. Antrobus yell for the fires to be put out?
8. What happens when the Telegraph Boy sings a song about the Antrobus' anniversary?
9. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
10. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)