|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
(a) A dark blue pant suit.
(b) A uniform.
(c) A jumper.
(d) A skirt.
2. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
3. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says the reason that she took the part of Sabina was because she hadn't what?
(a) Been in costume for a long time.
(b) Worked in a long time.
(c) Seen other people in a while.
(d) Been on stage in a while.
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
(a) Because their children are sick.
(b) Because their whole family is ill.
(c) Because a doctor is always a good person to have.
(d) Because so many of their children had died.
5. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A knife.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A rock.
(d) A ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
2. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
3. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
4. While Mr. Antrobus drills Henry in the times tables, what does he order Mrs. Antrobus to teach Gladys?
5. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
2. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
3. What reason does "Henry" give for being filled with the desire to kill?
4. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
5. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
6. What are the most important achievements for Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus, according to the loudspeaker announcement?
7. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
8. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
9. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
10. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)