|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the announcement at the beginning of the play?
(a) The orchestra director.
(b) The stage manager.
(c) Theater loudspeaker.
(d) An usher.
2. How many people speak during a monologue?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
(a) Because their whole family is ill.
(b) Because a doctor is always a good person to have.
(c) Because their children are sick.
(d) Because so many of their children had died.
4. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
(c) Mr. Antrobus.
5. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus allows the Telegraph Boy into the house, she asks him if he has something to do. What is it?
3. Sabina asks the Fortune Teller if whom has come?
4. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
5. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
5. Before Mr. Antrobus starts his speech with the broadcast officials, what does he comment on?
6. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
7. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
8. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
9. What does Gladys tell Mr. Antrobus before running away from Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus?
10. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)