|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus orders Henry to cheer up his father by reciting what?
(a) The Constitution.
(c) The times tables.
(d) The inventions his father has created.
2. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
(a) The sunrise.
(b) The theater.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The light.
3. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
(a) A sports bar.
(b) A casino.
(c) A church building.
(d) A bingo hall.
4. Sabina retracts her resignation because she loves the ________ of life with the Antrobuses.
5. Before the Telegraph Boy can come into the house, Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus do what?
(a) Grab weapons.
(b) Clean the house.
(c) Lock the windows.
(d) Blockade the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people speak during a monologue?
2. Mrs. Antrobus asks Sabina if she milked what?
3. What is moving into America at the beginning of the play?
4. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
5. When Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus argue at the beginning of the play, what sticks its head through the window and complains about the cold?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does "Henry" give for being filled with the desire to kill?
2. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
3. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
4. What roles do the stand-ins play?
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus vow to continue fighting Henry?
6. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
7. Who gets on the boat with Mr. Antrobus?
8. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
9. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
10. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)