|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Antrobus needs some relaxation he says that a man can only what?
(a) Stand his children only so long.
(b) Stand other people only so long.
(c) Stand insanity only so long.
(d) Stand a family only so long.
2. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
(a) It is darkened.
(b) It disappears.
(c) It is changed to new sets.
(d) It moves upwards.
3. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe the song the Telegraph Boy sings?
4. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
(a) A bathing suit.
(c) A mini skirt.
(d) A dress.
5. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(c) Sabina's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Antrobus say it will be good to have a doctor around?
2. When Gladys returns with Mr. Antrobus' slippers, she begs him to do what?
3. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
4. Where does Mrs. Antrobus order Sabina to take Gladys to clean off her makeup?
5. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
3. What do the lines of the philosophers, played by the stand-ins, concern?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry and Gladys to do when Mr. Antrobus comes home from his hard day at work?
5. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
6. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
7. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
8. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
9. Why does Gladys hold her baby to the sky?
10. Why do Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus blockade the door?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)