|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A pocket watch.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A locket.
2. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees the man who spread the story about Mr. Antrobus wanting to be a fish?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Drops her bag.
(c) Lose her temper.
(d) Walk away.
3. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
(a) The onion.
(b) The tomato.
(c) The potato.
(d) The lima bean.
4. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
(a) Scared for her mother.
(b) Happy to be with her family.
(c) Happy being with her mother.
(d) Scared to be left alone.
5. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
(b) Fried food.
(c) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
2. What does the slide show say Mrs. Antrobus invented?
3. After Sabina comes in with the news that Henry has thrown a stone at a neighbor, what appears on Henry's forehead?
4. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
5. The story of Mr. Antrobus leading a handful to survive in the face of the rain's destruction alludes to what story in the Bible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Antrobus do when he comes home from his day at work?
2. Describe the wedding ring that was found at the beginning of the play.
3. Why does Mrs. Antrobus tell Henry to put down the stone he is carrying?
4. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
5. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
6. What do Mr. Antrobus and Henry represent during their confrontation?
7. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
8. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
9. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
10. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe a woman's quest for marriage?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)