|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
(a) The Antrobus'.
(b) The compassion of humans.
(c) The selfishness of humans.
(d) The refugees.
2. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
(a) So Henry knows he loves him.
(b) Because Mr. Antrobus is mad at Henry.
(c) Because Mr. Antrobus always hits Henry.
(d) So Henry will have something to really remember the day.
3. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
(a) Too dangerous.
(b) Too sad.
(c) Too cold.
(d) Too dark.
4. Mr. Antrobus brought Sabina home after what?
(a) Kidnapping her.
(b) Helping her.
(c) Arresting her.
(d) Marrying her.
5. A society proclaiming the end of the world postponed it because they saw what?
(a) The light.
(b) The sunrise.
(c) The theater.
(d) The clouds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
2. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
3. As Sabina talks, what happens to parts of the set?
4. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
5. What is one of Mr. Antrobus' most notable achievements?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
2. What does Sabina explain about the people running the movies?
3. What does Sabina talk about while books are being handed to her through the trap door?
4. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
5. Why does the Fortune Teller tell Sabina to stop being foolish and to go away?
6. What roles do the stand-ins play?
7. Sabina breaks character to stop the scene when Henry reaches out to strangle Mr. Antrobus. What does she say?
8. What is Mrs. Antrobus' reaction when Mr. Antrobus tells her that he is leaving her?
9. What is in the message Mrs. Antrobus puts in the bottle?
10. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)