|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mrs. Antrobus lists, among her discoveries, that what is edible?
(a) The potato.
(b) The onion.
(c) The lima bean.
(d) The tomato.
2. What reason does Gladys give for wearing makeup?
(a) Because it makes her look pretty.
(b) Because other girls do it.
(c) Because the boys like it.
(d) Because she wants to.
3. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The Earthquake.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The Ice Age.
(d) The War.
4. What food does Sabina make to feed the refugees?
(d) Hot dogs.
5. What was found, according to the announcement, with the inscription "From Eva to Adam"?
(a) A locket.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A pocket watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the most notable inventions of Mrs. Antrobus?
2. When Sabina speaks in an aside, what does she say the play is about?
3. Gladys does not want her mom to go get things because she is what?
4. Homer shares his name with a poet from what time period?
5. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Antrobus say will make her happy at the convention?
2. What announcement does the play begin with?
3. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
4. Why does Mr. Antrobus think that having a doctor in a group of refugees at his house is a good idea?
5. When Sabina begins to repeat her lines from Act 1, she breaks character and tells the audience what?
6. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
7. Why does Mrs. Antrobus finally allow the Telegraph Boy into the house?
8. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
9. What do the refugees talk about before Mrs. Antrobus begins talking about her children?
10. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)