|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabina doesn't want to go outside to borrow some fire because she says it is too what?
(a) Too sad.
(b) Too cold.
(c) Too dangerous.
(d) Too dark.
2. Sabina says that a few years ago, everyone got through what event, "by the skin of our teeth"?
(a) The War.
(b) The Depression.
(c) The Earthquake.
(d) The Ice Age.
3. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Connecticut.
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
4. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
(a) Law historian.
(b) Law writer.
(d) Law breaker.
5. Who asked the refugees to come to the Antrobus' house?
(c) Mrs. Antrobus.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sabina appears at the end of Act 2, Part 1, what is she wearing?
2. Who asks Mrs. Antrobus how long she has been married?
3. When Sabina steps out of her character, she says that she _______ the play.
4. From what building does the sound of bingo numbers being called emerge?
5. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Antrobus tell Mrs. Antrobus his plan is to save them from the cold?
2. When Mrs. Antrobus and Gladys greet Henry in Act 3, what do they say?
3. What is the emptiness that Mr. Antrobus admits to?
4. Describe the refugee named Homer.
5. According to Sabina, how do the Antrobuses treat each new child that dies?
6. What does Gladys tell Mr. Antrobus before running away from Mr. and Mrs. Antrobus?
7. While Sabina and Mrs. Antrobus are blockading the door, what are the dinosaur and mammoth doing?
8. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
9. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
10. What announcement does the play begin with?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)