|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does Mr. Antrobus give to Judge Moses?
(a) Law writer.
(b) Law breaker.
(d) Law historian.
2. Act 2 begins with an announcement by whom (or what)?
(a) A casino worker.
(c) The loudspeaker.
(d) Mr. Antrobus.
3. When Mr. Antrobus introduces the old women refugees, who does he say they are?
4. Sabina asks the Fortune Teller if whom has come?
(a) Mr. Antrobus.
(b) Mrs. Antrobus.
5. Who does Mrs. Antrobus send to fetch Mr. Antrobus' slippers after he orders the fires put out?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Antrobus describe the song the Telegraph Boy sings?
2. The Telegraph Boy says he has a message from whom?
3. Mr. Antrobus says that they are all covered in what, as the result of Henry's actions with the stone?
4. What does Mrs. Antrobus do when she sees Henry's hair isn't covering his forehead?
5. Why does Mr. Antrobus smack Henry when he shows him the new invention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the refugees talk about before Mrs. Antrobus begins talking about her children?
2. What are the two types of families that this play says should stick together?
3. What is Henry shouting about, in his sleep, while Mr. Antrobus listens to him?
4. Mr. Antrobus acknowledges that every good thing in the world is what?
5. What request does Sabina make of the audience at the end of Act 1?
6. What does Sabina say when she steps out of character for the first time?
7. Why does Mrs. Antrobus finally allow the Telegraph Boy into the house?
8. Why does Sabina not want to play out the seduction scene?
9. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
10. What does Sabina speak about in her monologue at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)