|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Antrobus is introduced, during the slide show, as the inventor of what?
(a) The car.
(b) The stove.
(c) The house.
(d) The wheel.
2. Where do the Antrobus' live?
(a) New Hampshire.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Connecticut.
(d) New York.
3. How many weeks notice does Sabina give Mrs. Antrobus?
4. Sabina implies that Henry hit his older brother with what?
(a) A rock.
(b) A knife.
(c) A ball.
(d) A lamp.
5. Henry's old name that two of his teachers called him, is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabina wearing when she appears in the play for the first time?
2. What word does the Fortune Teller use to describe the flooding rain that is in humanity's future?
3. What month is it at the beginning of the play?
4. Mr. Antrobus was elected president of the international society of mammals. What division?
5. According to the stage directions, how old is the Telegraph Boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mr. Antrobus and Henry represent during their confrontation?
2. When Gladys and Mrs. Antrobus emerge from the trap door, what does Mrs. Antrobus comment on as being different?
3. Describe Henry's appearance in Act 3 when he sees Sabina.
4. What roles do the stand-ins play?
5. Who are "people of straw" according to Sabina?
6. What does Mr. Antrobus celebrate in his speech to the international society of mammals?
7. When Mrs. Antrobus says judges are of no use, how does Mr. Antrobus reply?
8. What is Sabina's initial reaction when Mrs. Antrobus tells her that the soup cubes should be given to charity?
9. When does the true reconciliation for Henry and Mr. Antrobus occur?
10. What are the two aspects of life that created harmony and hope for Mr. Antrobus?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)